Seven

Uriah could never understand the relationship that he had with his mom. She was his mom, he loved her, yet there was a distance all at the same time. He wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that being a Seer took a lot of her time and moments away.

When he was done cleaning his vomit, he thought back to what his mom said. His last partner? That would be Petunia, the human girl. The one who came out here to do some research or something like that. He can't recall anyone else and unless he had sex with someone he couldn't remember. It was highly impossible. Would the gods be laughing at him to try and pair him up with a human?

Last that he heard, their species, let alone any Source Species have yet to show themselves to humans. From what he was told, the last time that the humans learned about them, they hunted them to near extinction and even made stories about them to scare their children. Oh how would fate be so cruel and have him mated to a human. It was like one last fuck you before he died alone.

Uriah left his moms hut to go and find her so that he could find out more about his mate. He tracked her down at some other hut where she was talking to the healer. "Mom, the girl is human, how can she be my mate?" He followed her out of the hut and she spoke to him on the way to another hut, a basket in her arms.

"We don't choose our partners son, the Fates do."

"I can't. A human can't handle us. They won't accept us." He tried to explain to his mother. Their people would know.

"You need to find a way. If you don't, you can lose your animal." She told him and he knew that. If they didn't mate and let their animal free, there was the chance that they lose the human equivalent of their soul and become an empty shell of who they used to be. That's the curse of being a shifter.

As long as his people could remember, when their species were created they used to be in their original form. Except throughout time, humans decided to destroy something they couldn't understand which in turn their species evolved. They were now born human and once they find their mate, they could fully turn back to their original form at will. That's what had been told in their clan for centuries. Except if it was not done in a timely manner or depending on the animal spirit, you could be a human until death.

Uriah knew that he needed to shift, but the incident with his friend scared him. He also heard that another not only forced himself onto his mate, but another was killed during the shift. Another horror story he had heard was that the mate was killed when her mate shifted and out of control accidentally killed his mate. Now they were just empty shells. He couldn't imagine doing that to a human, especially one who weren't bred for this.

Maybe he could somehow find a loop hole and mate with her before she even realized who or what he was. But that meant he would have to break her heart in the end.

***

There was definitely something different about her.

Her mom was right, and now she lied in bed with a fever. Her body hurt, and she felt so out of place. "How are you doing sweetie?" Her mom entered the room and checked her temperature. "I feel weird." She said and felt the need to upchuck the soup that she just ate.

Her mom moved closer with a bucket. "I've been telling your father that, but he doesn't see anything different." She told Petunia and there was something that her mom wasn't telling her. "Am I dying? Do we have a family history disease that you never told me and I'm on my deathbed?" Petunia asked never in her life feeling this way.

There was a laugh and she peeked at her mom. "Nothing like that. Family history yes, but not a disease." Her mom had her go to sleep and Petunia's eyes felt heavy. Maybe I am dying. Was Petunia's last thought before something heavy took over. This was the first that she not only dreamed about tattoo man, but her death.

She found herself walking in a dark blank space. There was the sound of oceans nearby and waves crashing against rocks. She realized that this was her meeting spot with Tattoo Man in her dreams and they started out here before they had hot sex.

Petunia walked forward and noticed the moonlight guiding her way. At the end of the brush that she found herself walking through, she found him again. His back was turned away from her and overlooking the ocean. She loved the way that his back looked, his broad shoulders and muscled back. His tattoo covered most of his back and there was a stenciled silhouette of some type of animal, probably a black panther or big cat with intricate symbols. She could only come up with tribal but it didn't look like the typical tribal tattoo that most people had.

He was wearing some type of cargo pants which he had his hands in the front pocket. As if he heard her, he turned and they locked gazes. His amber eyes seemed to glow in the light. Just recently she had put her handsome tour guide's face onto tattoo man.

He smiled a small smile at her and his hands were outstretched.

Petunia ran into his arms and kissed him. This was a dream so she could do whatever she wanted without consequence.

He took her into his arms and met her kiss with his. "Now." She breathed and he didn't say anything but nodded as he removed her clothing and his. They stood naked to each other's gaze and she watched the way his erection jutted to her attention. His abdominal muscles flexed when she knelt in front of him.

She took him into her mouth and didn't wait. His head went to the back of her mouth and she made a choking sound before bobbing her head back and forth, licking and sucking. The feel of him in her mouth made her core tingle and she had no doubt that she was most likely ready for him.

His hands made a fist in her hair, grabbing her strands to hold it away from her face as he watched her. Petunia looked up at him and she was mesmerized with Uriah's face. His brows furrowed and he groaned before pulling her from him. "Wait." She said but he pulled her to her feet and she was on her back on her bed.

What could she say, it was her dream after all. "Look at me." She demanded him and he did just that. He was quiet as usual and waited for her command. "I'm ready for you."

He plunged deep inside her and Petunia felt the purest of pleasures just like always. Except at the end of her dream, Tattoo Uriah strangled her with his bare hand before she died, everything shrouding into darkness as she woke up in her own bed.

Petunia was sweating profusely and felt the liquid between her legs. There was something odd about being wet when you had great sex and a death in your dream.

"Mom."

Petunia called for her mom as she was still bedridden. Her mom entered her room quickly and she had to love the fact that her mom was always there when she needed her. And quick too.

"How are you feeling?" She moved to take her temperature again but it was a normal reading. Last month, she had gotten a lot better only for her to get sick once again. It's been a week since she became ill and even the trip to the doctors hadn't helped.

"I feel like dad took a semi and rammed right into me and then continued to roll over me for hours on end." Along with the physical pains, came the nausea. She had vomited more than once, not keeping much down. Her dad had already threatened to insert an IV into her so that she was hydrated.

Petunia started to cry and she was so tired of feeling this way. She felt like she was dying and she couldn't do much about it other than bitch and moan. Never before had she ever felt like this and she wondered if maybe she caught something from her trip. But the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her and she felt that maybe they thought she was lying as there was no physical sign of a fever.

"You'll be okay baby. We just need to fight through this together." Her mom said and she could see the tears in her mom's eyes.

There was a ring at the door and Petunia already felt herself fall into darkness.