Twenty Seven

Petunia was staring at the way men always felt the need to compete against one another. The next day, she had watched as Uriah, Trent, and Kanin play a game of what could be considered a mix between rugby, basketball, and football. Somehow the game had mixed and mashed until they started to wrestle one another and she got to watch as Uriah seem to shift in front of their eyes. Just as she was not used to her powers, it didn't seem like Uriah was all too used to his shifting either. It seemed as if when their emotions became to high or hot, they use their defense and in her case it was teleportation. But she also remembered the other night how she seemed to have vanished in front of Samuel. It was almost like she was invisible.

Out of all the powers that she could have gotten she seemed to have gotten a flight type of response that had to do with her running away. Whereas some had gotten aggressive and offensive powers she had a defensive. In some ways she guessed maybe that was why she was mated to a shifter. Uriah was a black Jaguar and he was definitely on the offense and maybe the fates somehow wanted her to be the one to back him up or be his defender. If that was the case maybe it made sense to her that she had her specific powers.

The commotion on the field had her attention again and it seemed that a black jaguar and a Lion cub were circling each other defensively and she stood up. What was it with men and needing to have a let's-see-whose-dick-was-bigger challenge? Uriah for all that he was worth was still recovering from yesterday, what in his right mind thought that it was okay for him to start a brawl with their hosts? They circled one another and when they were ready to pounce on one another, Petunia thought of her powers, feeling the rush of magic envelope her as she opened up a portal to where they were in midair. They both disappeared and there were gasps as portals opened up on the side of one another and they transported back to back at each other.

Trent laughed as he glanced over to where she was, not exactly believing what she did but still knew it was her. Any other day and she would have hidden, but today she wasn't having it and she was a force to be reckon with. What she learned so far with being pregnant was that her emotions were in turmoil and she wanted to curse everyone out but instead she walked over to Uriah's Jaguar. It looked at her as if it sensed her and she glared at him. "Don't mess with me. I'm pregnant." She threatened to him with a finger and he made a sound that reminded her of an animal that was being scolded.

She glared at everyone else and if looks could kill, well those who wanted to stand before a pregnant mated Witch, they weren't looking to die before some of them met their mates. She shook her head at the lot of them and then walked away as Uriah followed behind her. Petunia had passed a smirking Cass who watched them with a hand over the other as they made way into the warehouse that was home to the Lions.

As they made it back to the guest room that they were given by their hosts, Petunia put a hand over the other as she glared at Uriah and she stood there. He watched her with his yellow eyes and then she watched as the fur coat had shed.

Before her, she watched as Uriah became a naked human who was on all fours right before he moved to stand before her. She had to look up at his face as he took a step towards her and she gulped, feeling any semblance of control leave her as a rush hit her in an instant.

She wasn't sure if it was the emotions that came with the pregnancy or something else but instead heat hit her and she was breathing quickly as he stalked towards her and she could see not just his muscles moving but something else. She glanced down briefly to see what it was that caught her attention and it was the fact that he was erect.

Petunia bit her lip and swallowed as she looked up back to his eyes and there was a hint of teasing in his gaze as her throat suddenly became dry. "I kind of like you bossy." He said as he stood but a foot away. She should have said something to push him away but her eyes were glued to his and she was quite surprised with herself.