Twenty Nine

Petunia smiled at a younger version of Makita as they teleported back to Oregon. It was where the Lion's Den was currently being based for the last few years and they seem to like the change in scenery. After Trent and Makita thought of channeling Samuel's memories in hopes that it would reveal locations as to where they were hiding the missing Source members, they had Petunia track down Mallory. Though Mallory seem to be in her mid twenties, and pregnant, she was a gifted Witch who could look into memories and read thoughts.

She was the go to person when Trent and Lilac wanted to find out about their deceased brother Leon by tracing the Lion shifter in Kanin's memories and found out that their brother had been captured by poachers and killed after Samuel had extracted his Lion.

He was left to die alone and she understood why the Lion's had accepted a non-Source being into their home. He was a reminder of their brother and was currently host to their Source brother.

As much as Petunia wanted to stay and watch the events unfold, she didn't think her heightened senses would be able to stomach the stench of death and she was surprised that a pregnant Mallory could either. "How are you going to do it?" Petunia asked the woman as the others gathered to watch the event.

"I'm used to death. Being who we are, we are not shielded from the horrible images that we have witnessed and count yourself lucky to have found out later in life how twisted the Source world could be." Mallory told her as they stood outside of the room.

What the other woman had told her and stuck with her as she really thought about how in the past few months everything had become so new to her. Was she really glad that her parents had hid the truth from her or would she be almost as jaded as Makita and Mallory was? It seem that everyone who was from the Source had seen some form of violence and that was just something that they were used to.

Petunia wondered if this really was the life that she wanted for herself and the baby but knew that she couldn't change it now. Coming into the Source World was a one way passage and she couldn't turn back now. Now she was pregnant with a boy that could change everything and a possessive mate who feels the need to protect her and his unborn child. Was she really okay with that?

***

Uriah had been in awe when Mallory had transcended them into Samuel's thoughts and it was like watching a show before their eyes when Makita had played his memories out like a movie. The man was a sad soul, who had lost his mate not too far into their relationship. He blamed everyone and himself and swore that he would let the World that was supposed to save them, down.

He let an ugly darkness grow inside him and stopped caring for anyone, not even himself and somehow, Kanin had done the man a favor by killing him. That was him accepting the monster that he was and hoping to join his mate in the afterlife. But with that information came the other where two locations were revealed and Trent had written them down, hoping that they could pin point the exact location to start searching.

If they had given Samuel's body up now, it would have taken weeks for them to receive any more information and because they had to stay within their justice system, the missing members could be dying. In his memories, there was another man who was taking after Samuel and helping him capture members. It seems like they may have taken one man down but another had surfaced.

Pushing the thought of another sinister Source member to the back of his mind, he concentrated on gathering a small team to infiltrate the facility where the members were being held. The Lion's were going to gather as a team and Uriah had to help them. He couldn't live with himself if he didn't join and new that he could be of help.

"You're leaving aren't you?" Petunia asked him when he left the room and he stopped. Nodding his head, he grabbed hold of an arm that she had folded over the other. Though she was not showing, she was beautiful and he loved that she couldn't hide the worry on her face as she watched him. "I have to." He told her and she nodded.