Thirty Four

Petunia was worried that asking Uriah for a date may have been a bit too much. He basically lived in a tribe in a forest with the bare necessities only venturing to civilization when they needed a guide. Yet he was one fine man when he could be, his own looks exotic in itself and she wasn't sure whether or not he knew it.

He was taking her out and while she was getting ready in her room, him in the guest room, she felt the abnormality of hunger hit her. She never knew once the first trimester subsided, she was gaining weight, tired all the time, and hungry like she had been starved for years. She was so damn hungry.

Stopping herself from fixing the few last strands of her hair, she teleported herself to getting a snack from the kitchen, and jumping back. Scaring her mother who was making food, she chuckled in getting the jump on her for once when her mother was quick herself.

She continued on putting the final touches to her hair and makeup before putting her clothes on. She wasn't sure what they would be doing but her feet were starting to hurt so she decided on wearing flats with stretchy leggings that wouldn't look too awkward with her growing belly, and an off the shoulder floral blouse with thin straps holding her shirt in place. She had her hair curled and makeup minimal, dabbing on a light lipstick to compliment her outfit and skin tone.

Agreeing that she looked good, she made her way down the stairs to where Uriah and her father were sitting on the couch watching television. When Uriah glanced at her, doing a double take, he stood up and walked over to her. "Wow." He said as he placed a kiss on her cheek. "You look amazing." And Petunia laughed, looking him over. He wore ankle boots with dark fitted jeans, and a very plain white Henley but it made him look all the more, she wouldn't say exotic but almost rustic. The shirt did wonders to him as it showed off his bulging biceps and his hazel green eyes seem to be glowing. His hair had grown and was almost long enough to be shoulder length but not quite that long.

It was slicked back on his head but in no way made him look 'greasy.' He was the sexiest man alive she had to admit to herself as they made their way out of the door and she smiled at her dad on the way out. "I guess it would be too late to say be careful and don't stay out too late."  Her father called out as they left her family home.

"So what do you have planned?" She asked him as they both gotten into the car and he smiled. "I guess old school." He told her as they made their way to the movie theaters. It was barely past five in the evening yet she laughed at the cliche take-my-date-to-the-movies type of date but yet the thought of that had her excitement levels rising.

She hadn't dated much when she was in school and that wasn't because she couldn't land a date but it was more like she hadn't felt the interest or need to. Rather, she knew mentally it would benefit her more if she focused on school rather than attempt feelings she couldn't have like falling in love or being infatuated. All of it was still foreign to her but when she looked at Uriah, she felt an overwhelming sense hit her. He made her nervous but in a good way. When he watched her with his beautiful eyes, she wanted to hide. Not because she was shy but because she was afraid he'd see her imperfections.

When their hands found each other and they interlocked them with one another, she was surprised at the sense of happiness that hit her. She may have been a late bloomer to all these emotions and she'd be lying to herself if she said she hated it.

When Uriah had paid for the ticket, she arched a brow at him as he shrugged. "Just because I live in a tribe in a jungle doesn't mean I know nothing of the world." He laughed and she really didn't realize she was thinking it until he pointed it out to her. "It's just...well, I never thought about it." She told him and he nodded at her.

Petunia had been to the movies countless times before and all but walked past the concession counter but this time, the scent had hit her tenfold as her eyes widened and she knew in that instant she had to have the largest popcorn, all the candy, and even the odd pickle that probably sat on the shelves for too long. She wanted it all.

She moved with an urgency as she placed an hour to the teen behind the counter. When the cashier handed her purchase not too long after she gave Uriah a look as he grabbed the sweets, pickle, anchors and arched a brow. "Oh, I'm not sharing." Petunia said as she narrowed her eyes at him and he shook his head. "Believe me, I don't plan on getting between a pregnant woman and her cravings." He said and Petunia laughed as they made their way to their showing.

***
The movie wasn't horrible but it wasn't Oscar-worthy as they made their way out of the theatre. It was an action flick that Petunia did want to see but now that her life had been an action movie all but a few weeks ago, it was not on par with her experience.

Uriah led them back to their vehicle as she asked, "Where next?" And he put the location into the GPS. As Petunia drove them to the destination, she was surprised to find them on the outskirts of the French Quarter. He had taken them to a fancy restaurant where the price was high end and the food had to be delicious. She had never gone, never feeling the need to as the place had just recently opened.

Watching as Uriah came around to grab her hand and pull her out she was utterly surprised that he even thought to bring her here as she said, "Wow, fancy." And he interlocked their arms with one another. "I try." He said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes as he led her to the entrance.

They were met at the door by a host and he smiled at them as they entered. "Reservation?" He asked looking at a book and Uriah told him his name. "Give me a minute to check your reservation." The man said as he turned and grabbed another server as he spoke to the other man. They looked at each other and then he came back and looked at his book once more before frowning at the couple. "I'm sorry sir, it seems we have double booked and your reservation has been given away. We can offer you the next table but the wait can take up to an hour." He said with a stoic face as the server next to him looked like he was ready to pass out.

Uriah nodded his head and they were seated in a waiting area. Once the man left, Petunia glanced over to Her date who was shaking his head. "Sorry, I didn't expect that to happen." He told her and she shrugged her shoulders. "Happens, plus the place is fairly new, I understand." She told him. "Do you mind waiting?" He asked her and she nodded her head but at that moment, her stomach decided to growl and she blushed. "I don't mind but I think the baby does." She laughed and he smiled. "Wanna find someplace else?" He asked her already standing and she nodded her head, her hand falling to the small bump forming as she said, "I know a place you might like."