Ten

Petunia dreamed of him again as they made love but this time as they broke the bed, outside it was pouring rain and thunder danced around them like a veil. Everything felt so real and she swore she could touch him and feel the pad of his fingertips as they traced a line across her body. They knew each other physically almost inside and out yet, they barely spoke. She wondered if her mind knew that she dreamed of this handsome, stranger yet she knew nothing about him.

When she awoke, she felt strange and she tried to figure out what was different about her. There was something underlying in her thoughts but she could never figure out what it was. Though as the weeks passed and she knew instinctively that Uriah was not coming back. She would be lying if she said that it didn't hurt but it did. She had to be open to the idea that this was normal for one night stands but even if she was 'mated' to him, he used her.

Sure, she felt a lot better and threw out the majority of her medication from when she needed it when she had her 'disorder' but she still felt lonely and sad. But that may have been because of her possibly broken heart but maybe also the fact that her mate had used her to get what he wanted and then left her. Yet, that still didn't answer as to why she had dreams of him every almost every night and why they had wonderful, hot, mind-blowing sex.

It was so vivid that she woken up to her own moisture pooling between her legs. That morning when she had risen for breakfast and came downstairs her mother eyed her suspiciously and Petunia watched her as she grabbed for a cup of coffee. "What is it mom?" She asked taking a sip from her mug.

"It has been weeks and we still do not see a difference. Do you feel different?" She asked and Petunia shrugged. "Not any different than yesterday." She stated and tossed bread into the toaster. "I could feel a shift in you but I don't see how there is." Judie said studying her daughter.

"When you figure it out, please let me know. In the meantime, I have a job interview." She told her mother before grabbing her toast and leaving. "Are you still angry?" Her mother called out after her and Petunia nodded. "You both lied to me for years, I think I'm entitled to some anger."

***

Uriah had a hard day today with being a guardsmen to his tribe as they had to track down another rogue Panther. His tribesmen are becoming more and more desperate as their mating season is coming in close and as much as he loved his tribe, their mates are getting farther and farther away. Many go into a panic and just like before are forcing mating rituals and the last one was sure that his mate was a human. He became obsessive and would have hurt her had they not got wind that he was where she was. His behavior became erratic and just like a stalker as he started to follow her closely. She was living in Florida and when she became suspicious of him, she tried to get human authorities to get him to leave.

As soon as the guardsmen got to him, he was ready to make his move and abduct her. He had fought most of them the way and they had no choice but to sedate him and while he was put into their tribe's cage, he became restless and almost mindless as he paced back and forth. Uriah watched the man as his behavior changed and he remembered seeing him as a very nice and relaxed person.

Except the person in front of him was no longer the man he once knew and he watched him as the poor soul paced back and forth. There were times when he tried at his bindings, became free and tried to break his way out. Luckily for them, they had a magical barrier placed on the dungeon so he was officially trapped inside and they exchanged the barrier for pelts.

Uriah didn't trust any other Source species other than his own tribesman but dealing with Witches never sat well with him. He knew them to be self serving and conniving people and now Especially when the only Witch that he thought of happened to be his mate. The human witch.

He still did not understand how it was even possible for the two of them to be mated but then again it was the Source that they were speaking of and it worked wonders. Or as his mother called it, fate. He didn't believe in the bullshit but look who he was. A full fledged shifter. If anyone was wondering where his mate was, they never voiced any concern and seeing the state his tribesmen were, they may have a clue. He looked at the poor soul again and wondered if he could have been exactly like the man was, lost, wild, and pathetic. Because of his animalistic need to mate with his human, he almost uncovered their species and imprisoned himself in human custody. Not any longer then the Enforcers would come to take him to do their version of trial and justice. He would most likely be taken and become assassinated, no use for an empty shell. Especially when he has broken a rule of the Source.

There was word and before he knew it the Men in Black of their stories appeared before him giving the enraged man a glance before one of the Enforcers he presumed to be a Warlock broke the barrier and the crazed man jumped him. Another Enforcer, one who may have been a Demon punched him so hard that he may have dislocated his jaw and he seemed to take pleasure out of that as his eyes glowed and he smiled behind dark shades. They wore business suits and came in a group of five usually as they cuffed his tribesman. Uriah watched with a straight face as they said something to his mother before they disappeared just as quickly as they came.

His mother's eyes fell to him and he didn't know if she was silently judging him or if she knew something he didn't. When she turned away first and walked away, he stood wondering why it was that the Witch kept popping into his head and dreams. He didn't have much of a conscious but it seemed to be that the guilt may be bothering him more than usual. With that thought in min, he figured it was time for him to run off some steam and he disembarked into the jungle, removing his clothes as he felt the itch start to take over before he fully shifted.