Chapter 8

(LATE MAY.... FINALS WEEK)

" I am so nervous!" Rebecca said as she  went over her notes for her final for the millionth time.  "you will do just fine" Seth assured her  as he stole a kiss.   "i'm  gonna miss you"  he said softly.  
"im going to miss you too" she told him.

"once I am settled in my place and at work I will send you a ticket to fly down and we can be together again."  he told her.   "I can't believe you won't be here for my graduation" she said  "im really sorry Becks" he  said softly. " they want me to be there and be ready for the class starting in June." he said. 

"I will try to get back here as much as I can until then.." he told her " I don't want to be apart from you any more than I have to"    "I don't think I can handle a month or a little longer without holding you in my arms and kissing your sweet lips." he said.  she blushed  as he wrapped his arms around her and their eyes closed as they shared a long slow passionate kiss. 

"Seth.... why?" she said softly  his lips captured hers again softly as he said "because I love you Becks." "I don't want to hold or kiss any woman  but you"  she had tears in her eyes and then it hit her.. she didn't want to be in any mans arms but his and she didn't want to be kissed by any man but him either."  " I love you too"  she said.

"its getting late" he said "you have a big test. tomorrow, and I have an early flight"   Rebecca nodded sadly knowing that  when they kissed goodnight at the door  and held each other that would be that last time they would get to feel the love they had for each other for a few long weeks.

they shared a long slow hug and kiss goodnight at the door. ""good luck tomorrow Becks.. he said kissing her again softly... "I love you"  "I love you too" she said " have a safe trip."   "I'll call you tomorrow afternoon."  he said.

Rebecca watched as he walked down the hallway to head to the stairs to the parking lot.  "ok lass" she thought to herself "you need to get a good night's sleep you have a test to pass to make your love proud."

She threw herself into her test the next day and  spent the next couple weeks weeding out all the junk in her apartment that she didn't need anymore.  she looked at her cap and gown hanging on the back of the door. "me pop would be so proud of me" she thought.

as she flipped through that days mail she got an email alert that he final grades were ready.   she logged in and entered her info,  and then she impatiently waited for the page to load.   she got tears in her eyes, she had straight "A's" and she had gotten the highest score in her class on her math final!"

"Seth is going to be so happy for me" she thought as she wiped her eyes. she glanced at the clock, it was time to get ready for her graduation.  she fixed her hair and put on a sundress that she knew he liked, even though she knew he wouldn't be there.  and did her make up and dabbed on his favorite perfume.

she grabbed her purse and her cap and gown and made her way to the auditorium.. it was going to be a special night, she could just feel it.