Chapter 20

(3 MONTHS LATER)

"you ok lass?"  Fit asked Rebecca as she looked at her watch  "just horrible indigestion" she chuckled.  Fit started picking up the room and putting the extra supplies and the first aid kit in the cabinet and locked it.  "im gonna get the last of the towels and check the locker rooms lass" he told her.

"ok" she said smiling at him.  as soon as he left the room, she grimaced in pain "Seth better hurry up with the car" she though to herself as she texted him.  "still waiting on it..  its taking forever" he  replied.

"well hurry up..." I think it might be time"  she replied.    as she stood up to stretch her legs, she felt a sharp pain and sat back down. " bloody fookin hell" she groaned just as Fit walked into the room.

"that's it lass" im taking ya to the A&E - or whatever they bloody call it here" he said  "ya need medical help.!" he said   he grabbed his phone, wallet and keys and ushered her to his car.  Rebecca let out a yelp as another pain hit her. "Hang on lass" he said "i'll get you there"

he put the pedal to the metal and floored it to the hospital. he got out by the emergency entrance  and went in to get help.  when he came back out, Rebecca was laying down on the backseat,   "make it fookin stop!!" she groaned. 

"help your wife breathe!" one of the nurses snapped at Fit.  "lass, my wife's baby days have long passed by"  he said "the lass is just a family friend that needed a ride" he said.  "quit fookin flapping yer gobs" Rebecca yelled. "the next sound they heard was tires squealing to a stop in the lot." 

"BECKS!!" Colby hollered as he ran towards Fit's vehicle.  Fit stepped to the side so Colby could be by her side. she squeezed his hand as another pain hit her.  the nurses got her onto a gurney and hustled her inside.

Colby was asked to stay at the desk to fill out admittance paperwork for Rebecca, which he quickly did. and then hurried through the doors to find her.  after getting him gowned up, the nurse took him to the room Rebecca was in.   as he walked in the room, she looked up and tried to give him a smile.

the nurse read the machines and then left them alone.  "won't be too much longer" she told them. "doctor will be in, in a few minutes to check your progress" she told Rebecca.  after the door closed Rebecca gave Colby a smart assed smirk and said "if you kept it zipped up, we wouldn't be in this mess, love"   "I don't remember hearing any complaints 9 months ago" he said quietly. Rebecca blushed and said softly "those definitely weren't complaints... but that felt way better than this."

"Aww Becks.." he said "if I could take your place, I would"  then he chuckled and whispered in her ear "but my body is only equipped to make them, not have them."  "I know" she said looking at the screen. "another ones coming" she said squeezing his hand.  he helped her relax and breathe through it.   "that was short but brutal" she chuckled.

the doctor came in a couple minutes later as she was finishing breathing through another one.   "its about that time" he told them as they prepared to wheel Rebecca to the delivery room.  Colby squeezed her hand softly and whispered "I love you" in her ear.  

While he waited in the hall for them to get her situated, he texted Fit and said "heading into delivery now, I am scared shitless!"  then he texted his mom in Iowa.   "Colby Lopez!" his mom replied back.  " I know I raised you better than that, now enough of the foolish jokes.... where are you really" 

"at the hospital with Rebecca" he texted  her..   "she is in labor"   his mom didn't respond for quite awhile...   when she finally did she typed  "get a DNA test, i'm willing to bet the floozy is sleeping around and has no earthly idea who her baby daddy possibly is."  Colby was stunned by his mom's words  rather than reply in anger, he put his phone away and washed his hands so he was ready to go in the delivery room.