Chapter 11

Rebecca studied her reflection in the mirror for umpteenth time,  "I hope I look ok" she said "and not like a cheap tart" she thought to herself..  then it dawned on her she snapped a picture of herself in the dress she was wearing and sent it to Ashley and Renee.  " S.O.S LADIES... HELP.... HOW DO I LOOK???  IS THIS OK FOR AN ANNIVERSARY DINNER DATE???"

******DING****** her phone chimed  she  grabbed it quickly and laughed when she saw the message,  it was from Renee " Girl you look  HOT as fire in that dress.... you might get LUCKY tonight..."  "Congrats on the anniv. girlie!"

Rebecca giggled and sat the phone down and started to walk over to grab her sweater and her clutch when it chimed again.

*****DING*****  Rebecca smiled when she saw the message, it was a sweet text from Seth. 

Becks....   the last 365 days have been the most amazing days of my life, I can wait to see what the next 18,250 days or more have in store for us..  I love you with all my heart and I am looking forward to continuing this journey we are on... together.    can't wait to see you tonight..  Love, Seth.

her heart fluttered and she reached for a tissues and dabbed her eyes so she didn't mess up her make up. then she texted him back.

Seth...  this  has been the most amazing year of my life.. meeting you and getting to know you.... falling in love with you and I wouldn't change anything about it. you have been here for me through every laugh, and every tear.  and I am forever grateful that I have you in my life....... for always...   Love Becks

as she touched up her hair, Ashley messaged her and told her she looked amazing and to not do anything that she would regret..   "be careful girlie" she said...... "there is just something about him...."  "you worry too much blondie" Rebecca texted her friend back as she put her phone in her clutch and gave herself a final look in the mirror.

Rebecca made her way  to their favorite restaurant. and got their favorite table in the back corner.  "I actually beat him here" she thought to herself..  "that NEVER happens"  then she saw him walk in,  the hostess pointed towards the back corner and he nodded at her.  

Rebecca watched him make his way to the booth and he smiled when he saw her.  "you look amazing" he told her as he slid into the booth next to her and kissed her softly. the two of them enjoyed an amazing dinner, followed  by dancing and  a walk on the beach.

When they got home,  Seth surprised her with a dozen roses and a pretty heart shaped locket with their initials on it.   "its beautiful" she told him as his lips captured hers in a long slow kiss and they sank onto the couch into each others arms and deepened the kiss and began making out.  they both ended up with the giggles because they were both pretty awkward  at it, and it killed the mood.

later that night  when Seth walked into their bedroom in his basketball shorts, Rebecca noticed that he had a small but dark bruise on the right side of his chest.  he winced a little when she touched it.  "what happened?" she asked him.

"I was working out before class and the resistance band snapped back and caught me in the chest." he told her. "it hurt  like a mother....." he said.  she gave him a little smile and leaned over and lightly kissed the bruise.    they spent the rest of the night in each others arms just talking and kissing.

(6 MONTHS LATER)

Rebecca was growing more concerned as Seth began going into work earlier  so that he could workout more, and he was staying later  in the evening and  on several occasions he had come home with nasty looking bruises and scrapes.

One evening at dinner,  he asked her if she thought she would be able to help out with the class the next day  "Fit has meetings all morning and doesn't know when he will get free" he told her.   "i'd be glad too" she told him.... "but, im  still not sure what all this working out has to do with math, and finances." she said.

Seth was lost in thought and didn't respond.  they spent a fun evening together playing video games and watching their favorite tv shows. after Seth fell asleep, Rebecca texted Ashley

"he is hiding something from me... and I think its about his job.. the bumps? the scrapes the bruises? she continued... you don't get those things helping people with budgeting and finances."  "im  worried"

 a couple minutes later her screen lit up with Ashley's reply.  "if he really loves you, he will tell you the truth when you ask him"  "just be up front about it.. don't be accusatory and nasty."   Rebecca and Ashley talked for a little while longer before they called it a night since they both had to work in the morning.

Rebecca was surprised at how well work went the next day.   she was even more surprised when Fit asked her to be his permanent assistant trainer.  "id be honored to" she told him.   "ok lads, lasses hit the showers... remember to be here by no later than 5pm on Friday night for warm ups" he told them all.  everyone groaned and grumbled.

"whats so special about Friday night?"  she asked Seth in the car on the way home. "its the start of the weekend and 72 hours work free that I get to spend with you" he said with a little smile.  "but Fit said you all had to be there before 5pm Friday for warm ups?" she said quietly. 

Seth didn't answer her, as he was concentrating on the traffic.  she chose not to bother him anymore and they made the rest of the drive home in silence.

"WHAT IS SETH HIDING......?"

"HOW WILL REBECCA REACT...........?"

FIND OUT SOON!!!!