What Happens in Hawaii.. Pt.3 (Ryuji Sakamato x Male Reader)

Daily Question: Would you still be friends with your ex?

Quick Recap: Almost a month after you and Ryuji agree to try things, the two of you find your secret relationship being threatened by ace detective Akechi after he put the pieces together. Finally growing tired of waiting for you to make up your mind, Ryuji walks out on the relationship.

What Happens in Hawaii May Not Stay in Hawaii.. Pt. 3: Two Pawns in One Game (Ryuji Sakamoto x Male Reader)

ENJOY!!

"(Y/F/N)!" You jumped up, looking up at Makoto who was smiling nervously at you, "Are you even listening to me?"

"Oh, yeah I am. Sorry about that," You grabbed your pen off the desk, clicking it and continuing to work on your homework. "I was just zoning out."

Makoto sighed heavily as she closed her notebook, "Perhaps we should take a break then, we've been working for thirty minutes already."

You nodded your head, placing your pen on the desk and shutting your binder as you felt a yawn building up. Before it was let out, the student council door opened, both yours and Makoto's eyes looking over at the two people walking in.

Ryuji walked in behind Akira, his hands in his pockets as Akira smiled at the two of you, "Hey guys, we're finally here."

"About time," Makoto giggled, "You were supposed to be here an hour ago."

"Well, we had a bit of an accident." Akira chuckled, looking behind him at Ryuji. You finally noticed his shirt and pants were soaked, and he seemed to have a few scratches on his face. You sighed, leaning back in your chair as your mind ran wild with what could have possibly happened to your best- I mean, ex lover.

"What happened?" Makoto inquired, Morgana finally sticking his head out of Akira's bag and jumping onto from his shoulder onto your lap. You grinned, scratching his chin as he wagged his tail.

"Some asshole wouldn't slow down on the street and splashed me with dirt water.. And then I tripped and fell while trying to wipe my eyes." He pulled up a chair, ringing out his shirt and jacket as he rested his elbows on the desk. He looked over at you, the both of you staring at one another for a quick moment until he scoffed. "What's up with you, you sure are quiet today."

You struggled to think of something to say, then groaned, "What's it to you?"

Akira and Makoto looked at one another, then at the two of you, "Is.. Everything alright?" Makoto questioned, reaching over to touch Ryuji's shoulder. He pushed her hand off his shoulder and leaned back in his chair.

"I'm fine."

"Right.." Akira sat between you and Ryuji in an attempt to slash some of the tension in the room.

Morgana jumped onto the table, "I hope whatever you two are fighting over you can get over, and it better not get in the way of our missions. You two are supposed to be best friends after all-"

"Yeah well, sometimes things happens." You mumbled to yourself, looking down at your shoes.

"(Y/F/N).." Makoto frowned at you, but decided not to pursue it any further. She opened her notebook, smiling at everyone as reassuring as possible, "Right, well now that everyone is here, let's get started on our studies. Ann told me she won't be able to make it, she got a modelling job at the last second. We'll all do great nonetheless!"

*Time skip: A week later, Arcade in Shibuya*

"You think this'll work?" Makoto asked Akira, keeping her face behind her book as she glances just above the edges.