MOVING ON

LA -   10 Months Later

Alright, that's the last of everything!" Caggie puffs blowing a strand of short blond hair from her face.

We both released the heavy boxes from our arms which contained the contents of my life.

 Letting them drop to the floor with a loud 'thud' at the same time, neither of us spoke as we stood there panting and wiping the sweat from our foreheads.

I grab the little white remote, turning the AC on to quell the stifling LA heat as Caggie throws a triumphant glance in my direction. 

We've managed to unload an entire moving truck, just us two girls. 

Eeek!" I squeal, suddenly running over to her and tackling poor Caggie in an affectionately loose chokehold.

"I cant believe you let me move in with you!" I beam at her, "Trust me, this is going to be so much fun!" I gush excitedly. 

"Okay, Okay," she drones peeling my arms from around her neck and returning a warm smile, "But I'm so glad to have you back!"

Caggie is my new best friend. Well we've been good friends in the past. This was round two of giving our friendship a proper go and so far, its been pretty good.

Tall, blonde and absolutely stunning, she saunters over to the tiny kitchen island of our now shared two- bedroom apartment. Pouring us both a glass of rose', she pips, "Cheers, bitch!"

She grins toothily, eyes glittering and her face adorned by its usual sassy expression. I throw my head back laughing along with her, "Cheers!"

Caggie is my old college room-mate, now turned business partner and current bestie. 

We were inseparable throughout our years in Art School but lost touch after graduating. Over time, as Mark gradually took over my life and stopped allowing me to meet up with any friends, we drifted apart. 

I would constantly have to make up excuses not to hang out with her so that Mark wouldn't get upset about me going out all the time. 

Eventually, she gave up. 

Thinking that I was no longer interested in being friends with her, she just stopped reaching out to me. 

It broke my heart to lose such a dear friend. We used to share everything. We were there to listen to every gory and embarrassing detail of each other's dating lives before Mark came along. 

I had missed her. 

 Instead I delved into work as usual and stayed busy around the place that I shared with Mark, cooking and cleaning; Making sure that everything was perfect and being careful not to upset him.

Being the perfect girlfriend wasn't easy.

When I got back to LA, Caggie was the first person I thought of and the first person that I called.