Chapter five.

Seven years had passed since Satomi had been back at the guild, once she'd returned from her previous quest she'd managed to pick a decade quest, which finally managed to quench her boredom for a while. The demon slaying quest had proven to be a breeze after all. When she stopped by, the master had tried to convince her to go to tenrou and help on the s-class trial, but she'd refused and left on her quest. Completely obsessed with her work she'd only heard about what happened on tenrou once she finished, and rushed back home only to find the missing members just arriving back home. She'd been shocked, relieved and baffeled to find Laxus among them. What had he been doing on tenrou when he'd been kicked out of the guild? 

That wasn't the only matter that had shocked her, another subject was the state of the guild, not once on her way home had she heard anyone speak of her guild, and therefore she hadn't expected to find their guild hall reduced to a shed at the edge of town. 

"Grand Magic Games?!" She stared at the master in surprise trying to keep her voice down slightly.

"Yes, we need to rebuild fairy tail's reputation" Makarov replied seeming almost too calm about the situation. Seven years... They had dissappeared for seven years, and she had never even heard a single word of it. Satomi didn't reply, even though she had a suspicion to why the master had pulled her aside.

"I want you to be there, we need your strength" Satomi sighed and looked at him with a unimpressed expression.

"No you don't, you underestimate the power of your children" Makarov didn't reply, he just continued to stare at her, he wasn't backing down. Was there something else? Had he noticed the tense air still lingering between her and his grandson? Or was he worried about something else entirely?

"If you want to send someone strong, then have Gildarts attend... I'd just level the entire Colosseum." Satomi thought about the games, she'd heard of it, but never went. It was said to be quite magnificent.

"Gildarts is gone already" Makarov replied looking at her with anticipation. Satomi groaned.

"What? Where to?" Makarov shrugged his shoulders, it really was a good question, contidering the state of the guild. He couldn't have gotten a quest this soon? A moment of silence filled the room.

"We're planning on submitting two teams, it would put my mind at rest if you agreed to come" Satomi sat with her arms crossed over her chest as she considered. Tapping her index finger on her arm.

"Who's coming?" The tiny man's eyes lit up as he didn't recive a flat out regection this time.

"In the A team we have Erza, Gray, Natsu Lucy and Wendy. In B team theres Gajeel, Laxus, Mirajane and Juvia. Which means there's still room for one more" What would be a proper response to that? Satomi kept her features neutral, why did Laxus always have to be there?

"Those are both strong teams, you dont need me at all" She replied trying to sound casual.

"No, we have to have five members in each team to be able to participate" Satomi could continue to argue, she could leave. But she just couldn't make herself do it, she looked around her, at the shed they were in. She could hear her fellow guild mates laughing and catching up in the next room. If she had not been gone for so long, they wouldn't be in this situation. She could have taken care of the guild, she would have found the team that went to tenrou. The others had endured so much, and she hadn't even had a clue. Was she even a full fledged member when she only dropped by once in a while, years passing between every visit? The least she could do was help bring the guild back to the top. However, dealing with having Laxus close by all the time was one thing. But not putting the audience at risk while competing, was that something she was even able to do? Her abilities were extremely destructive, and she couldn't do anything but to expect the other attending guilds to bring their strongest members as well. Things might get out of hand. She sighed.