Chapter seven.

It was the third day of the tournament already, Satomi had just gotten out of bed, yesterday she hadn't been able to get any sleep at all, after the incident with Laxus on the first evening. Her intention when leaving the city had been to blow off some steam, and yet she'd only been even more worked up as she returned because of him. Yesterday had passed her in a haze due to lack of sleep. She'd gone to the infirmary and healed her guild mates, but unfortunately she could do nothing about their drained magic energy.

As usual her guild mates were already making a ruccus in the early morning hours, during breakfast. The games hadn't even started, and they were already on fire. The female wisard listened to the noise downstairs as she did her morning routine in getting dressed. She smiled occasionally as she could hear some of them uttering silly curses, or someone telling jokes. She took one last glance in the mirror of her room before leaving, purposefully pulling her long braid over her shoulder, so that it would cover the lightning scar on her neck. Laxus had already seen it, but perhaps covering it up could help in preventing it from becoming a topic if they ran into eachother.

As she left her sleeping quarters the first thing she noticed was Laxus smell, for a moment she contemplated whether or not to turn around and stay in her room until he'd left. However she stepped towards the railing to scout the room downstairs to see if she could spot him. And she did, he was sitting by himself in a corner not far from her, he had his back turned. His breakfast remained untouched, Satomi watched him curiously. He had a thoughtful expression on his face, she followed his gaze, watching the blue haired cat at the other side of the room. A mischievous smile made its way to her lips as her gaze turned back to the blonde, she took in the faint smell of jealousy coming off him. She eyed the bookshelf at his back as she tiptoed closer. She didn't make a single sound as she approached, easily sneaking over the railing and landing elegantly on top of the bookshelf. She moved as swiftly and silently as a cat, no one noticed her as she laid down elegantly on top of the big piece of furniture.

Laxus frowned as he watched Natsu and Happy laughing together, as it turned out the two dragon slayers in Sabertooth also had cats. As well as Wendy and Gajeel. It seemed like he was the only one without a cat. The fact that this was even an issue that bothered him nagged at him. What he really should be focusing on was today's tournament, he knew that he was going to participate, and yet here he was, pondering about cats.

Satomi used her tail to stroke along Laxus' neck, tickling him. The blonde mage beneath her jumped at the feeling, getting caught off guard. He turned in his chair trying to find the source of the tickling. As his eyes traveled along Satomis long tail she curled it up a little, she laid lazily sprawled on top of the big bookshelf, seeming to be perfectly comfortable on top of the hard piece of furniture. She grinned him teasingly, her ears had also taken a more feline shape poking out from the top of her head.

"Jealous?" She questioned smugly, her gaze hinting to the cats fooling around with their owners. Her long striped tail continued to fan back and fourth behind him as he twisted and craned his neck to look at her. She continued to tickle him each time her tail passed him. After a moment he smirked back at her.

"Well, not really..." He'd moved before she could respond, catching her tail as it brushed past him, easily yanking her from her place on the bookshelf. Satomi shouted surprised as she found herself falling from the bookshelf. Laxus easily caught her as she came crashing into his lap.

"After all, I just chaugt myself a stray" Satomi struggled to get up, and out of his embrace, but he was obviously stronger than her fysically, and easily stopped her. Satomi's cry as she fell, as well as their ongoing struggle managed to get the attention of every person present. People mumbled amonst themselves as they watched the two, Satomi was blushing heavily, her expression just like that of a cornered animal, Laxus grinned victoriously as he emprisoned her in his lap.