Thirty Two

Utilizing the office stationed within her very home, Lena sat within a wooden desk, typing away on the laptop that rested before her. It had still been a few weeks since Carrie's termination, and the mentor was constantly running behind on work that needed to be completed. Hosting interviews day after day to hire someone new, a replacement had yet to be found.

Entering the office, Stef carried a calming smile from her ears to her teeth. She gave her eyes to her lover, watching how attentively the woman worked.
"Hey, love," the blonde then greeted, stationing her presence near the mentor's.

"Oh, hey babe," Lena said back, smiling inevitably. She had been so cooped up in her office working, that seeing Stef was like a complete breath of fresh air.
She rose from where her rear end rested, then positioned her lips in the same fashion Stef had arranged her own.

After releasing the touch of a much desired smooch, Stef said, "you've been up here for awhile, love. You alright? Need anything?" The palm of her left hand glided up and down the woman's backside, awarding comfort.

"Uh yes, a new assistant please." Short laughs escaped Lena's mouth, causing a few to fall from the blonde's as well. The mentor grabbed onto her lover's nearing waist and continued on with, "there's just so much work to do and not enough people to do it."

"Hey, I thought you had just interviewed a person or two recently?" Stef asked, curiously. She then place her rear end upon the very edge of the mentor's desk, crossing her arms above her chest.

"Yeah, I did," the other lover said back, also sitting herself back down within her chair. "But, I swear it's like I cannot win. I bring people in for interviews and they are nothing like their resumes portray them to be. No experience, nothing."

The blonde haired woman reached for Lena's hands, holding them in a way that displayed her underlying support. "Well, honey, if there's anything I can do to help...let me know...okay?"

"I will," the mentor smiled, admiring how much she could rely on the woman that she loved so dearly

"I will," the mentor smiled, admiring how much she could rely on the woman that she loved so dearly. "Thank you for that."

"Of course." Stef lifted the woman's left hand closer to her face and upon it planted a gentle kiss. "But have you—at all—taken into inconsideration what I said about taking time away from work?" She then watched as her lover allowed her eyes to fall within the ground. "You deserve a break, y'know?"

Lena sighed, giving her pupils back to the soul before her. Stef was right, and she knew that. She devoted so much of not only her time but also herself to Women's Inc, that spending time away from the establishment seemed almost impossible.
"Alright, alright," the mentor replied, seconds away from giving in. "I...I will email my entire staff in the morning...telling them that I am...I am taking much needed time away."

Smiling largely, the other lover felt an instant sense of relief. She knew just how much Lena gave Women's Inc and more, and couldn't be more happy to hear that she'd be taking time off. "I am so proud of you right now."