Thirty Five

"Alright, we've made it out of that house," Stef said to Lena, as the two of them had been seated within their vehicle, just outside of Aunt Jodie's home. Stef was stationed in the driver's seat as Lena rested in the passenger's. "Now, wherever shall we go?"

With a dear desire to receive some fresh air, the women felt the need to spend the rest of their day away from the aunt's home. Too much had occurred, which brought about too much tension. Aunt Jodie blatantly asking Stef and Lena to lie of their love, Jackson finally being open about his sexuality, the strange woman in Aunt Jodie's bedroom.

And as regards to the strange woman, both Stef and Lena felt that they held no position to make themselves known to the woman. They believed that if Aunt Jodie wanted them to know her and vice versa, she would've introduced them on her own terms.

"I forgot to mention..." Lena began, holding her phone within her hands. She used her index and thumb fingers to scroll through a recently received email. "Last night at Pinky's, I sorta...kinda booked us massages. At the Four Seasons." She smiled slightly, hoping Stef wouldn't mind.

The other lover's eyes widened all as she had been surprised. "The Four Seasons? Oh my gosh, babe. Everyone knows that hotel costs an arm and a leg. Why would you—I can't believe you did that!" She laughed, holding the palm of her left hand upon her forehead.

"I know, I know," the mentor said back, also laughing. "But I was—we were drinking! I sometimes splurge...a little...when I am intoxicated." She held her chest, playfully acting ashamed.

"A little?" Stef asked, her eyebrows raised. She looked over at Lena with eyes of seriousness. "Love, do you even remember how much you paid?"

Cheesing in a worried fashion, Lena's head moved from side to side. "I don't. Honestly. But, y'know what? I don't care." Her shoulders then shrugged. "I don't care because I feel that we—we deserve a day that is relaxing. One that is soothing."

Stef breathed heavily, shaking her head in disbelief. "You're right, you're right. Things have been quite crazy, I'll give you that." She then placed her right hand upon Lena's nearest thigh, gliding her touch within it. "But, we're here because I suggested we be, y'know? And, I don't feel right having you spend so much money. I really don't."

"Stef, I don't mind—" the mentor had fixed her mouth to respond, but had her words impeded by her very lover.

"Love, let me treat you, okay?" The blonde continued to glide her hand upon the other woman's leg, awarding her with comfort and reassurance. "Can I do that, please?"

"Okay, okay, fine!" Lena exclaimed, smiling toward Stef, inevitably. "You can...you can take me shopping."

Stef rolled her eyes to the rear of her head, playfully. She loved Lena so much, especially when she was a goofball. "Shopping it is, my love, shopping it is." She then extended her body closer to her lover's, reaching toward her face.

Immediately, their lips joined together, creating a smooch that was well needed. One that was well deserved.