Eight

"Ah, you're headed for Sex With Me in a few, right?" Lena, who had been seated at the desk of her office, asked Stef. Upon her face, a smile formed.

Two days had came and gone since the evening both women had confessed their hearts' feelings. Since that day, they found themselves more engaged of each other. Wherever Stef was, that was where Lena wanted to be. Anything Lena felt to say, Stef made sure she heard every word. They were truly destined to take their friendship to a newer level.

Stef, standing before her mentor's desk, also had a smile sitting upon her face. "I am, but I wanted to talk to you first."

"What about?" Lena asked, her eyebrows rose. "You okay?"

"I am. I was just doing some thinking." Stef began to fiddle with her fingers as her heart started to race within her chest. For what she was about to say, she only hoped that Lena would be in agreement. "And, I thought that maybe we should...like...go on a date..?"

"Really?" The woman replied, an indescribable feeling took over her stomach. She had been on plenty of dates with loads of women, but she had never felt quite as excited like the way she was about a possible date with Stef. "I'd...I'd love that. When are you thinking of going?"

Stef's eye brows rose just a bit. "Well, I was hoping we could go on a date tonight...if you're not...busy?"

"Ah, Stef," The mentor released a heavy breath all while her eyes fell from Stef and onto the floor beneath their feet. "You know I wouldn't mind going tonight. But, I'll be here working all day and...and by time I'm done I'll be too tired to go out or to—"

"Then lets do something at...your house," Stef said, impeding the woman's words. "I think that'd be better for the both of us."

Lena's eyes widened. "My house? Mhm, what do you have in mind? You're trying to Netflix & Couch? I believe that's what the kids are calling it nowadays..."

"No, that's Netflix & Chill, Lena." The woman replied, laughing a bit. "But, I don't see why not. We could do something as simple as popcorn...and a movie."

The mentor's shoulders moved in an up and down fashion. "Well, alrighty then."

"So," Stef smiled, searching for reassurance. "It's a date?"

"It's a date." Lena delivered the exact same smile.

Before any response could surface, Carrie entered the office

Before any response could surface, Carrie entered the office. Her eyes traveled from Lena to Stef, growing suspicious.
"Good morning," she said to both women, a forced smile held her face.

They greeted her back all while sensing her uncertainty of the moment.
"Ah, I'd love to stay and chat," Stef began, heading towards the office's exit door. "But I have to head on over for group."

"Alright, talk to you in a bit," Carrie replied. Once Stef had been completely out of the office, she turned towards Lena and said, "She's been glowing these days. She's—she's different. She even smiled."