Fifty

"We know that Carrie is your daughter, Aunt Jodie," Stef said, speaking to her aunt. After she and Lena had gotten back from their trip, they felt it was vital to invite the elderly woman over for a sit down, so that they could have a much needed discussion.

Flabbergasted, Aunt Jodie turned and looked at Natalie, whom had also been present. "Wow. Of all the things you've kept to yourself, you couldn't keep that one to yourself?"

Natalie waved her off, rolling her eyes in circular motions. "It was 'bout time that secret was revealed, Jodie. You've been using your relationship with Carrie to hurt these women," she then signaled at Stef and Lena, "and it's not right. It's not right at all."

The other sister allowed a confused expression to ride her face, widening her mouth and holding onto her chest. "What?! That is quite an absurd thing for you to say, Nat!" Aunt Jodie then turned towards the lovers and said, "Are you guys—is that what you guys think? That I'm using Carrie to hurt you?"

Lena breathed a bit heavy, rising to the edge of her seat. "Well, unless you can prove otherwise, we do believe that you might've played a part." She shrugged her shoulders. "And we have our reasons..."

Aunt Jodie gave her focus to Stef, who added onto Lena's words with, "Aunt Jodie, Carrie arranged an entire scheme to not only hurt Lena and myself, but to also bring down Women's Inc. And she couldn't do that without knowing certain information." She then pointed toward the woman. "Now this is where you come into the equation. You're the one that's been relaying this certain information."

"Me?" The woman continued to put forth a sudden sense of confusion, beginning to feel her heart beat rapidly. "I've done no such thing, Stefanie. I don't...I don't even know what you're talking—"

But before she could continue, Natalie had cut her off while throwing her hands up and shaking her head from side to side. "Y'know what? This is ridiculous! You're ridiculous!" She spoke toward her sister, pointing in her direction. "You've got to stop lying, Jodie. Don't you remember all those times I overheard you speaking to Carrie and the things you two said about Stef and Lena?"

Immediately, Stef and Lena felt their hearts drop through their chests. Though they had a feeling that the Aunt had in fact partook in Carrie's plan, they wished it hadn't been true.

"What-what is she talking about, Aunt Jodie?" The blonde asked the elder, looking at her with eyes of absolute seriousness

"What-what is she talking about, Aunt Jodie?" The blonde asked the elder, looking at her with eyes of absolute seriousness. She wanted to get to the bottom of things, and fast.

For a moment, Aunt Jodie sat at the table in an awkward silence. She hadn't known just how to prepare the words that she knew she needed to reveal. But, soon enough, she found the courage and said, "Listen, I am so very sorry. I am. But I promise you, I had no idea what Carrie was up to. Not in the beginning at least." She spoke a bit low, releasing tears from her eyes.