Forty One

After a very eventful night of celebrating, both women allowed the morning sun to wake them as they held each other in their arms.

"Hm

"Hm." Stef began, taking in the moment for what it was. There was something about being wrapped up in her lover's arms that felt secure, safe. She hadn't wished for anything else. "This is my favorite part...of everything."

Lena smiled, she too felt grateful. "Mine too." She held onto the other woman a bit tighter. "I'm so glad we found each other."

"Yeah well after last night," Stef laughed a little, allowing the memories to crowd her mind. "I don't think there's anyone else I'd rather be with. I had no idea you were so...naughty."

The mentor playfully nudged the blonde, rolling her eyes. "Hey, I didn't do anything." The two women referred to the way they were intimate just the night before. Lena had suggested that they made love in every room of the house, until they couldn't anymore. "I just wanted us to have a little fun, that's all."

"And that we did," Stef replied. She turned toward her woman and awarded her with an abundance of gentle, soft kisses to her forehead. "That we did."

"You know," Lena reached for Stef's hands, interlocking their fingers

"You know," Lena reached for Stef's hands, interlocking their fingers. "I wish we could do this for the rest of the day. Just lying here together, cuddling."

The other lover sighed, she too wished for the same. "I know, baby, I know. Too bad we both have work, right?" She chuckled a bit, cheesing.

Growing curious, Lena eyed her woman with wondering eyes. "You know, I've been meaning to ask, how was your first day of training?"

"Oh, it was nothing," Stef replied, shrugging her shoulders. "The guy training me just pretty much showed me around the hospital. Gave me some tips and a couple of pointers." She then eyed the mentor closely. "What about you and the whole thing with Shelby?"

Lena took a moment before giving a response. To be honest, this thing with Shelby had truly made her feel at odds. She wished she had handled things differently, but she also didn't want to let the woman down.
"I...I explained to her that I could not keep bending the rules for her just because she's my sister," Lena spoke untruthfully. That was not the way things had happened. "So I put in a request for a transferral to another group home."