Seven:

CAMERON'SPOV:

Traveling away from my family for days out of a time to split between two different states was not easy or just that simple. I was either in Atlanta or LA. I was happy with living in New York with my family but I was a just farther away from my work. Nana and I had been on a few bad days with my work being a problem. I just didn't really want to lose her. She was everything I could ask for.

Since I popped the question I've been trying keep her happy so things could work out this time. Amelia's mother was my first wife and since we divorced she had been MIA with being here for Amelia. She was getting older and  I was beginning to feel like the older she was getting the less I would hear from her mom concerning her. I was going on a whole month since I heard from Brandy Amelia's mother. I would call but no answer. I would text but no response. She was just stressful.

"Bro you need to take her ass to court. You ain't no drug dealer no more. You still with the Gang shit but you a clean dude. The judge will see how you changed your life around and they'll understand that she needs to handle her responsibilities in this parenting as well." My bro Kush said taking a pull of the blunt then passing it to me.
"I don't want the court system in my business then they'll see the extra money still coming in from the drug money I still got stacked away that I'm cleaning. I got over twelve million dollars in money to clean. I think another business is the wave. I think a sneaker store in New York. Shit would be closer to home and it would be another way to hurry and clean this money. Plus if I got the money why not invest in my family's future?"
"That's smart just make sure you find some type of way to deal with Brandy."
"How the boys?"
"Those my baby savages. They crazy like and they mama and they wild like they daddy. They gonna be real close brothers. That's good he need a brother to this world. Just like I got you."
"Facts we helped each other while making a way for ourselves. You got the club her in LA with me and you got you're music that you doing really good in. I'm happy for you."
"Word I'm putting together my own tour to get around a little more. I got social media behind me so I got the platform for it. Once I get the big chance to showcase my music and make that bread. Then I'm opening up my own record label like I told you. The plan doesn't change just flip your hustle."
"Facts that's how this shit goes."
"So how's the life in New York?"
"It's good. I finally asked her to marry me like I told you I would."
"So she said yes and I'm the best man?"
"Yeah that right."
"How do you know this the one?"
"Nalayshia ain't the type of girl to give up on her man. She will ride until the wheels fall off. Even then she'll walk with you until y'all get it right. The way I seen her go hard for her baby daddy I know she'll do the same for me I can feel it."
"Wait baby's daddy ? You cool with her going hard for another Nigga she used to be with?"
"Nah I ain't cool with it. I want her to drop him and leave him to figure out his own shit."
"What the storyline?"
"Her baby father got 8 years for a Man slaughter murder case. He pleaded guilty for the lesser charge and so did his friend who he also got into the shit with. Now she done turned from being a newly business owner to a full blown drug lord for this Nigga. She just open up her shop weeks before he was arrested and she just had their baby months ago. The baby is almost nine months. I think the time that we've been together she's shown me even after he treated her like shit , that he could still trust her with his life, money, and his son. She takes care of his whole life while he's locked up."
"Okay she's loyal to her people I get it. Now where are you going with this story?"
"Now answer this would you marry a girl if you knew she was capable of being everything that you you ever needed in one. All I ever wanted in someone. I can trust and depend on when things get twisted and crazy she is that someone. I know and that's a fact. I can't risk not taking the chance."
"Now what if she still loves him that's why she is  doing this? Did you ever think that? What if she was doing all this just to get you for all your millions of dollars that she clearly knows about already now since you practically trust her with all of your business?"
"That ain't the case. I highly doubt the this is all about money. If so she could of been gone."
"Look before  you take that walk with her down that aisle. Listen you better find out the truth or you'll be looking dumb like you did with Brandy." Just got up and walked away. He went over to the bar in the hotel room to pour himself a drink. He also poured me one.
"Let's make a toast to loyalty and family." Kush raises his glass and I  the same we hit our glasses together then threw back our shot.