7

Nate pov

"Quieten down. Boys! I said be quiet." I groaned but paid slight attention to what my teacher Mrs Finsh (my Geography teacher) was going to say. None of my friends were in my year which made lessons really dull unless someone caused trouble.
"Today I am setting an assignment. I would like you to create a PowerPoint presentation on the erosion of the Holderness coastline. I will pass round a booklet of what you should include with a mark scheme and what level you may receive. I have partnered you up and before you ask, no. You cannot switch." Again, I groaned along with the rest of the class.

"Nate. You will be working with Aidan." Who's Aidan? I looked around the class and The only logical person that I could spot was  this small curly haired boy. His hands were hidden by his long hoodie sleeves and he showed almost no skin- most of his face was hidden by his hood (his blonde curls protruding from the front). Amongst the curls, there was a tinge of red- blood maybe. He seemed very timid and wary of me, almost shuffling his way towards us.
"Hey... I can do all the work if you'd like? You don't have to." His voice was soft as silk and I'd found myself smiling at the small sound.
"Yeah. Sure. Just make sure its good."
"I will." He slunk back to his seat before I could change my mind.

Aidan pov

At least Nate didn't question me on my hood or me doing all the work. I couldn't risk him coming round and meeting my father. It was just too big of a risk. My dad would hate Nate. He's the kind of guy that would give me power and my dad wouldn't want that: who would do all the chores? Not to mention the fact that I'm gay. I can't let my dad know that.

Nate pov

Brrrrrbrrrrbrrr. The bell signalled the start of lunch. Guilt had been eating away at me all English. I felt bad for making Aidan do all the work. I don't really know why. I never do any work.
"Sup man. You okay?" Darren slung his arm round my shoulder and led me towards our lunch table.
"I feel guilty. I've been partnered up for a project but the guy i'm with is going to do all the work and I agreed."
"I think you're overthinking things. I'd give you advice but it would probably be as crap as the drugs Hunter got last week." We nearer the table and Hunter eyed me suspiciously.
"Dude, has something happened at home again?"
"Yeah but that's not what I'm worried about."
"Well don't stress and have a cigarette. I promise it's a good one this time." I shook my head and turned away. I knew what I needed to do.
I needed to find Aidan.

Aidan pov

I didn't ever expect anyone to find me hidden at lunch. The branches of the old oak were my shelter from all wandering eyes. This was, until Nate stood underneath the leaves and looked up at my crying form.
"Aidan?" He questioned, his voice laced with worry and regret. "Are you okay?"
Truth was, I wasn't okay. I was in so much pain from my father this morning.
"Yeah. I'm fine." I rubbed my eyes of my tears before he could see. He started climbing towards me then placed his (wildly cute) ass next to me.
"Look. I want to apologise. I shouldn't have said you could do all the work. This is our project. I'm sorry."
"I don't mind. I usually do the work."
"So your place at 4-"
"No! No. I'm happy to do the work. You enjoy your free time."
"I insist. We can do it at mine if you feel more comfortable." Pulling my hood further over my face to hide the spreading blush on my cheeks, I nodded my head meekly. It was clear he wasn't going to let me go.
"Is after school good for you?" I nodded again. "Great I'll meet you here after class." He squeezed my shoulder and I groaned. Luckily I don't believe he heard.
"See you then..."