13

Nate pov

It was a bit of a disappointment to see Aidan purposefully avoiding me throughout the morning. He avoided all eye contact with anyone and took off whenever I tried to near him.
It was after maths when I could truly see how upset he was. He had tears running down his cheeks as he frantically tried to wipe them away. Sometimes phases hit you where you needed to cry- no matter how much you wanted to stop it.

I was very worried at this point. I didn't want Aidan to be alone- especially when he's feeling so low. I could tell that he had been in trouble at home. His hair was barley combed through and he was wearing the same thing as yesterday- a ragged baby blue top and black joggers.
The only thing that had changed was the fact that he seemed very well rested. Maybe I was worrying for nothing? No. I can't think like that. That would be giving up.

I knew all to well the way he was acting. He thought he couldn't get close to anyone for fear of being betrayed, hurt and pained. But I wasn't going to let him survive on his own, dreading each waking moment. He needed some relief. Some hope. And a friend. I was going to be that friend.

"Aidan! Will you quit running off so I can talk to you?" I slammed my hand into the table next to Aidan who was sat doing some biology homework. He jumped out his skin and whimpered through fear. I may have been slightly harsh but it got him to listen.
"I'm sorry." He whispered. "Don't hurt me. Please..."
"What? I'm not going to hurt you Aidan. Ever."
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry. Please just talk to me."
"I can't..."
"Why? I can help you Aid. I'm worried about you."
"I don't deserve help."
"That's a load of bull. Of course you deserve help! No one deserves to be beaten!"
"Please stop Nathan. You can't help. I love you too much t-" Aidan clamped his hand over his mouth in realisation of his mistake. His cheeks burned red and his eyes widened in fear and shock.  "Nathan. I'm so sor-"
Before he could say any more, I pulled Aidan into a life changing kiss.