Birthday bonus chapter (surprise!)

Here's a bonus chapter to celebrate my birthday! There's going to be a few surprises if you've read some of my other books (and a few you don't know about yet 😁)
This has no timeline to any of my books it is just a bonus fun chapter, and I have changed my name to keep my identity hidden.

Enjoy!

Nate pov

Aidan was dragging me along to some surprise party.  I had no idea who the girl was but Aidan had begged me for the past week.
So here I was.
And I'd actually put a half decent effort into wearing something nice. Aidan's orders. A black shirt and smart trousers. I hated it, but it's what my boyfriend wanted. And I'd do anything to make him happy.

"Are you happy Aid now that I've dressed up? You know I was only planning on dressing up for our wedding."
"I'm more than happy Nate. I love you."
"I love you too." I kissed him before taking his hand in mine and leading him towards my bike. I placed the helmet on his head and tightened the strap. I couldn't have him being hurt on my watch.

The drive down to the hotel where this party was being held was really calming. I loved riding with Aidan on my motorbike. He'd clutch his arms round my waist tighter whenever we turned a corner and I could feel tingles where he held on.
"Who's party is this?" I asked Aidan for the hundredth time, following him towards the building.
"My friend Bethany. She's 17 today so I organised her a surprise party."
"You're so amazing, you know that right?" Aidan just smiled up at me before placing a kiss on my cheek.
"It's called being kind. You should try it sometime."
"Hey!" I wrapped my arms round Aidan's tiny waist.
"Sorry. I forgot being kind would ruin your persona."  He giggled.
"Come on. We can't be late for your own event."

River pov (book that has not been released yet 😁)

I rocked Penny in my arms, trying to quieten her. She wouldn't stop crying and my parents were still asleep. She was not a morning person.
"Shhh. Everything's okay. You're safe. Your bottle is  just cooling down. It'll be ready in a minute. Please stop crying. Shh."
I checked the bottle. Still too warm.
God, if she cries any more I think she'll wake the entire neighbourhood- not just my parents.
"Morning pumpkin. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of bed huh?" My mum wandered in, taking penny off my hands, cooing at her.
"Morning mum. Sorry if we woke you."
"It's fine. It's a good wake up call." She chuckled. "Go get ready for that party. I'll look after Penny."
"You sure?"
"Positive. You've been working so hard recently, you deserve a break."
"I'll give Penny her bottle before I go. I need to look after my daughter."
"Ok River. But I'd be more than happy to okay?"
"Yeah. I know." I turned towards Penny who had calmed down more now that her Grandma was up. I kissed her forehead. "Be good for Grandma, Penny. I won't be gone long. I love you sweetheart."

Evelyn pov (the rioter)

I was taking a day off college to go up to Derbyshire with Andy. It had always been a dream of mine to see the rolling hills and  beautiful villages, and now I was. It was one of my old friends birthdays so we thought we should celebrate with her. Andy is my plus one, however, I wish it could be Jordan. But he couldn't take the day off work, so I was with my boyfriend instead.

"How long does it take to get there?" I asked Andy, who was driving down the M25.
"Couple hours. Depends on the traffic. Get comfy Eve."
"Music?"
"Definitely."

I sat back and watched the cityscape transform into grass fields and forests. It was spectacular.

"Hey babe? Wake up. We're here."
I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful hotel ever. I must still be dreaming right? "You're not dreaming Eve. This is real. This is Derbyshire."
"Wow. Can we move here?"  He laughed.
"If you want."
"I love it here already."
"Go on inside. Your dress is just in the boot."