Chapter Twenty Three

New York, 2015, the next day

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda," Bruce asked as he walks up to the table.

"The strongest metal on earth," Alex stated as she walked into the room. "Vibranium is a very popular metal in the world of bad guys. It's very hard to get your hands on though."

"How do you know this," Tony asked looking at the girl with squinted eyes.

"I was raised in Hydra. I was sent on many missions to try and get some of the metal but the deals never worked," Alex informed outing her hands on her hips.

"Where is this guy now," Steve asked.

"Give me half an hour and I can get you a location," Alex said as she turned around to walk out of the room.

"How are you going to do that," Tony asked this time.

"One of my mission was to steal some Vibranium that he had already stolen. I've met him and developed a mental link with him. Give me the time I need to find the link and I can trace him through his mind." Alex walked out of the room and into the peace and quiet of hers to find the man. She sat in the middle of her floor, legs crossed as she searched her mind. She gave a small smirk when she felt the pull of his mind strings. "There you are."

*****

Alex now watched from the shadows as Klaue and Ultron talked. She gave the all-clear for Steve and Thor to move forward as Ultron started ranting about Tony.

"Don't compare me with Stark! he's a sickness," It yelled.

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart," Tony said as he flew down in front of Steve.

"If I have to," Ultron replied.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor stated.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet," Ultron quickly answered.

"He beat me by one second," Tony said holding up a finger. 

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times," Pietro motioned to the explosive around them.

"This was never my life," Tony tried to explain.

"You two can still walk away from this," Steve said to the twins, trying to get them to switch sides.

"Oh, we will," The girl finally spoke. Alex's eyebrows scrunch in confusion as she realized the voice was the same one that had spoken in her head earlier.

"I know you've suffered," Steve continued to try.

"Ugh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but-" Ultron mimicked a motion of throwing up.

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor said cutting Ultron short.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet," It answered.

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for," Tony asked cutting to the main point.

"I'm glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan," Ultron said before he started to attack the three.

Two robots flew at Steve and Thor but were thrown aside. The twins then decided to enter the fight and that's when Alex decided it was her time to move it. She used her magic and pushed herself towards the female twin. She landed in front of her with her hands glowing purple. The two stared at each other before Alex thrust her magic at the girl knocking her back.

"Rookie mistake. Never get distracted," Alex told the girl before flying off to fight Klaue's men who had joined the fight. She punched two before throwing a third over the railing. She watched from the corner of her eye as Pietro fell into some crates.

Alex continued to fight both robot and men as Tony and Ultron flew outside the boat. She paused behind a wall as she changed the magazine in her gun. She looked around the corner firing three shots before ducking behind the wall again.

Suddenly the fight got quiet as the room started to change. The room had changed into her apartment in Washington. She watched helplessly as Bailey was dragged away.

"Help! Alex, please!"

The room changed again to the dark room she had always known growing up. She stood up from the bed that she was on as alarms blared around her.

"Вернись в свою комнату!" Get back in you room!

She watched as the guard walked down the hall before making her way in the opposite direction. She gasped when a hand grabbed her arm swinging her around.

"Вы сделали большую ошибку." You made a big mistake.

The room changed again to a lab-type room. Alex looked around from her place on the gurney as the scientist poked her with needles.

Once more the room changed but this time it was an eight-year-old Alex. She was shaking as she raised the gun toward the person tied to the chair.

"Сделай это!" Do it!

The bag was lifted from the person's head and Alex froze. The red hair fell out of the bag and the woman looked beaten and bruised. Before Alex could make a move to save her, her younger self fired the gun. The bullet pierced the redhead right in her heart.

The scene changed again. This time Alex was ok the doorstep of a house. Not any house though, she knew this house well. She turned her head to see the dead girl lying on the doorstep with a hole in the side of her head.

"You could have saved her. You could have saved me!"

Alex turned to see a crying Bailey in the middle of the road. She walked up to the girl and lightly touched her face. Alex had tears streaming down her face as she looked at the young girl.

"I tried. I tried so hard. I'm still trying!"

The scene changed again to rubble. Alex walked around the rubble before seeing three dead bodies. Natasha, Bailey, and Sam. She kneeled down to light touch Bailey's face before looking past her. Past the three bodies of the girls she loved was the body of every person she had killed.

"Alex? Alex, come on. Wake up. Snap out of it."

Alex looked around trying to find where the voice had come from but failed. The scenes started replaying themselves and Alex couldn't do anything but sit and watch. She heard many times, a man calling her name trying to wake her up but she could never identify where it was coming from.

She was stuck in a revolving world of her worst fears. Ones she never wanted to relieve and ones she never wanted to see happen. She felt helpless as she lived in this terrible world for what seemed like hours.