Chapter Twenty Seven

Sokovia, 2015, seconds later

"AJ," The girl asks lowering her hands. The two ran to each other and meet in a hug. Alex holds the back of the girl's head as she savors the moment.

"I looked everywhere for you. I tried so hard to find you. I'm sorry I couldn't find you sooner," Alex apologized.

"It's fine. I'm just glad to have you back," Bailey said into Alex's chest.

"I hate to ruin this moment but we gotta go," Alex said as she broke away from Bailey. The three ran down the hall and out of the building. Alex looked up at the flying city before materializing the three up to the rock. They landed in the forest before they run off to the fight.

"I thought I told you to never do that," Natasha stated as they ran.

"I could have left you down at the base but I didn't," Alex said sarcastically.

"You two fight like an old married couple," Bailey stayed from Alex's other side.

"Look here, Macaroni," Alex glanced at the girl with a glare before looking back in front of her. They ran in silence the rest of the way before Natasha split off to find Steve.

"Okay, look. The robots are bad, they're trying to kill the human race. Our goal is to stop them before this rock crashes back into the ground. You kill the robots and save other people. You're an Avenger now whether I like it or not. Any questions? No? Good," Alex said filling in the girl before she ran off the fight some robots.

"But-" Bailey started.

"Is she always like that," Wanda asked from behind the girl.

"Unfortunately," Bailey stated with a sigh. 

"I'm Wanda."

"Bailey," She introduced herself before noticing her hands that were glowing red. "You got powers?"

"Yeah, you," Wanda smiled.

"Yeah," Bailey smiled sadly before a robot flew towards them. She reacted quickly by throwing her hand at it and watching it freeze. She glanced back at Wanda before Alex ran back to them.

"When I said you were an Avenger, that meant fight not make friends," She stated before running off again.

"Cap, you got incoming." Alex heard Tony say through her earpiece as she fought off a robot.

"Incoming already came in. Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off," Steve spoke trying to inspire the team.

"Wow. So inspirational," Alex muttered to herself before shooting a robot in its head. She ran off towards the center of the city and ushered people to a safe place. She tore robots apart as they got close to the citizens of Sokovia but never let a single person she was near get hurt.

"Alright, we're all clear here." Alex heard Clint through the earpiece.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear," Steve screamed back.

"Alright, coming to you," Clint answered before they went silent.

Alex finished off the robots that were near here before running to a different area. She looked up as Ultron flew above her with Thor in its arms. She summoned her magic, pushing herself up and following after them. She watched as Ultron threw the god into the church, knocking him into a pillar. Ultron threw another pillar at Thor making him drop his hammer.

She landed behind Ultron and thrust her magic at him. He turned around to hit her but she materialized behind him. She did this multiple times before hitting him with what she thought was a piece of metal. She watched as Ultron flew into the wall before flying off.

"My hammer, please," Thor spoke after he stood up.

"What," Alex asked confused. Thor pointed to the hammer that was in her hand and she looked at it shocked. "Oh."

"Thank you," Thor said before he grabbed the hammer.

"Yeah, sure. I'll stop by Asgard sometime soon to get fitted for my throne, yeah?" She looked at him with a joking smile as he laughed.

"Please don't," He answered simi-seriously.

"Huh. That was unexpected," She whispered to herself. She threw her hand out at a robot before tearing it apart with a glare. "Don't ruin my moment."

Ultron burst through the church again, knocking Alex out of the way and grabbing Thor by the throat. She noticed Vision silently walk into the church and materialized the hammer to him.

"You think you're saving anyone? I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that," Ultron threatened.

"I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast, I am...running out of things to say! Are you ready," Thor stalled. Vision then comes up beside Ultron and uses Thor's hammer to hit Ultron. Vision then throws the hammer back to Thor and helps Alex up.

"It's terribly well balanced." Vision said referring to the hammer.

"I know, right," Alex exclaimed.

"Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so," Thor explained with a shrug.

"Thor, I got a plan," Tony spoke through the earpiece.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core," Thor explained as they fought off the robots that made their way into the church.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier," Tony pauses for a response that she couldn't hear before speaking again. "Avengers, time to work for a living."

Alex continued to fight off the small amount of robots around the church as the team started showing up. Alex walked back into the church as Pietro ran up to his sister and talked to her quietly. She looked at Bailey who was starting to look tired.

"You okay," She asked looking her over for injuries.

"Yeah, just tired," She answered shortly.

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing "hide the zucchini"," Tony spoke through the earpiece.

"Hey, watch it," Alex said as she glared at Tony who just raised his hands.

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly. What's the drill," Natasha asked as she and the Hulk walked up to the church.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose," Tony informed pointing at the core.

"Is that the best you can do," Thor asked as Ultron showed up.

"You had to ask," Steve muttered to Thor after Ultron had summoned his robot army.