Chapter Forty Six

Upstate New York, 2023, the same time

"Time travel suit? Not bad." Alex heard Rhodey say as they neared the room.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!" Scott shouted. Alex shared an amused look with Clint who was leaning against the door frame.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce insisted as Scott took the small red tube from Bruce.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful."

"These are Pym Particles, alright?" Scott stated holding the tube up. "And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey spoke up from the wall

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus three test runs." Scott informs seriously before he accidentally presses a button, and shrinks. Less than a second later he is back fully grown to his normal size. "Two tests run."

Scott takes deep breathe as Bruce turns back to a control panel. Alex takes a step forward into the room and glanced at a monitor.

"All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott mutters told himself.

"I'm game." Clint speaks up form the doorway. They all look at him with questioning eyes. "I'll do it."

"So will I." Alex stated.

"You two don't have-"

"Scott said that we have two more test runs left. Clint does one, I do the other. That was we have every chance we can take to see if it works." She interrupted Bruce. They all nodded at her before leaving the room to get her a suit.

*****

"Now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce informed as Nebula tapped on the shoulder of Clint suit. She swiped and tapped on the small holographic screen that popped up before walking away.

"Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." Rhodes makes a hand gesture suggesting that they kill baby Thanos.

"First of all, that's horrible..." Bruce says in disgust.

"It's Thanos." Alex muttered which earned her a few looks.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott shrugged.

"Bingo." Clint and Alex said at the same time.

"That's not how it works." Nebula joined in.

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint stated.

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce asked bewildered.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time." Rhodey started counting on his fingers.

"Quantum Leap." Scott chimed in.

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time." Rhodey continued.

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Alex stated.

"Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodes agreed.

"Die Hard? No, it's not one..."

"This is known." Alex said.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..." Bruce told the four that were relating movie to real life.

"Exactly." Nebula said siding with Bruce.

"I'm going to be honest. I didn't understand any of that but I am going to say okay so we have to continue this conversation." Alex said to Bruce before she walked towards the door.

"So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?" Alex heard Scott muttered to himself as she passed.

She took deep calming breaths as she rung her hands together. Her hand shook slightly as she walked closer to the large platform. Before she could step onto the ramp, she was stopped by a small hand.

"You don't have to do this." The redhead spoke softly.

"I want to." Alex took a chance to look deep into Natasha eyes. "Even if this doesn't work. I might get one last chance to see Bailey."

"Be safe. Both of you." Natasha said as Clint walked up to the platform. They one last deep breathe before walking up the platform together.

"Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!"

A helmet similar to Ant-Man's but white and more visible face pops on Clint and Alex's head before they shrink and going flying through quantum realm. The mainly red world flys last them as tunnel come up before them. Alex shares one last look with Clint before they go flying towards different tunnels.

Alex stomach twist and turns before she is thrown out of the quantum realm and back into the real world at full size. She fell forward and crashed into a soft surface.

Looking around the room she saw a few small posters hanging against the wall. The soft blue carpet was placed into the corner of the room under a desk and chair. A warning feeling started to grow in her heart and the picture on the dresser caught her eye. Alex lightly picked one up, afraid that if she was to harsh it would shatter at the touch.

The picture was one of her and Bailey smiling while eating ice cream. Alex had a small smear of chocolate ice cream on her nose from Bailey cone and Alex was giving Bailey bunny ears with her fingers. Alex laughed lightly at the memory before a crash took her attention away.

"You worthless price of shit! You were suppose to kill him!" Baileys voiced yelled through the door.

"Bailey." Alex quietly whispered. The device on her suit started to beep but she ignored it. "Bailey. Bailey!"

She rushed forward to open the door, her heart racing. Before she could get completing out of the door, her device beeped faster and she shrunk back into the quantum realm. The world of red flashed around her and her stomach twist once more.

"No!" She shouted as she was thrown out of the realm and back onto the platform once more. "Bailey!"