Misplaced

JENNIE

The day Jinyoung oppa asked Jisoo unnie out over a cup of coffee, I know something would be up. I knew for sure that Jinyoung oppa liked my unnie a lot during Kai and I were dating. It's quite obvious! During their Inkigayo activities, oppa couldn't take his eyes off unnie. But sadly, Jisoo can only offer friendship as our eldest has always been in love with our maknae, but refused to admit it.

Days have passed since their coffee break and it was followed by several more, in between work schedules. Sometimes, the the three of us would tag along, but mostly it would just be the two of them. It was always over a snack break, nothing more, not dinner. If not in Onces, Jinyoung oppa would frequently visit Jisoo unnie in her office, unannounced, with red velvet cake in his hand, flowers or anything that Jinyoung oppa thinks Jisoo unnie would like. If not personally, deliveries would arrive in her office. It was almost everyday.
What I don't get is the fact that Lisa isn't saying or reacting to any of these. If it was Jungkook or anyone doing these things for my Rosé, I wouldn't think twice for a confrontation.

Just like this day. We are in the venue for another round of rehearsal and dress fitting. It's actually my birthday today, but just like Jisoo unnie, it's work time. And besides, I already had dinner with my mom last night and tonight, I'll be spending it with my Hubby. She said she has a surprise, but it would be revealed after rehearsals. So, I'm actually excited.

But going back to the situation at hand, Jinyoung oppa is again in the area. And this time he brought with him a food truck to cater to all! Can you imagine that?? And of course, Jisoo unnie and the rest of the team are thankful.

I saw Lisa and Rosé sitting in one of the tables provided by the food truck, while Jisoo and Jinyoung are in front of the stage. Jisoo is again monitoring the performances while Jinyoung is just there. Lisa looks grumpy though and I don't like it.

"Hey Lis, you okay?", I asked once I'm seated beside them.

"Yeah! Yes Nini I'm fine. Why?"

I really couldn't hold it in me. I move closer to her so that whatever we would talk about won't be heard by anyone.

"Jinyoung oppa is here again. Aren't you bothered? He has been all over unnie since that day after unnie's birthday."

Lisa was quiet for a while, while looking intently at Jisoo and Jinyoung. She sighed and looked sadly at me. At that moment, Rosé and I knew she isn't fine.

"I'm actually not fine unnie. But I can't do anything.", Lisa sadly said.

"Have you talked to Jisoo unnie about this?", Rosé asked.

"No and I can't. It's not as if she's the one calling the guy to come here. I mean, Jisoo just can't do anything about it too. That guy just pops up out of nowhere. I'm actually pissed off everytime, but I can't shoo him away without revealing our relationship."

"But this is going out of hand Lisa. Jisoo may not acknowledge it, but it is quite obvious that Jinyoung oppa likes Jisoo unnie. A lot, I could say.", I said.

"I think Jisoo unnie should tell him that she's already dating someone. She doesn't have to tell who, right?", Rosé chirped in.

Lisa was once again quiet.

"I'll talk to her later. But Nini, for now, don't concern yourself with anything else. It's your birthday. We should just be celebrating. And I heard that this Chipmunk here prepared something for you! ", Lisa said, trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeah, I heard that too! But this Hubby of mine won't really tell me what she prepared for me until later."

"It's a surprise Wifey! Just few more hours and you'll have your gift.", Rosé answered as she backhugged Jennie and pulled her closer to her.

"I'm honestly happy for you guys. I wish I could do the same to Jisoo. Has nobody ask you to confirm your relationship?"