The Kiss (What if part 2)

This takes place while Ricky and Nini are in the storage room of the El Royal Theater during 1x08

——————————————————

What if... Ricky and Nini did kiss in episode 8

——————————————————

"Ahh yes Minnie Mouse your first crush" Nini said jokingly. "Uh actually she was my second" Ricky said looking strait into Nini's eyes. 'Why did I just say that, things have been so weird between us lately and I just made things so awkward' Ricky thought. But he was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a soft hand on his cheek. And before he know it they were kissing. It started out slow but in just a few moments it had become deeper. Nini had put her arms around Ricky's neck and was playing with his curls. Ricky had his hands around Nini's waist. It was like they were still together. They still knew how to hold each other and how to be comfortable in each other's arms. But before anything got too serious Big Red walked in. "Guys..?" he said confused about what he just saw "I was going to tell you that we're ordering pizza while Miss Jen goes though her real time midlife crisis...but now I have to ask...what's going between you two?" Ricky looks at Nini and they hold eye contact for a little while before Ricky said "I don't really know" he said it while he keeping eye contact with Nini not even acknowledging that he was technically talking to Big Red. "Well I'm just gonna...go then..." Big red said awkwardly as he left the room. "What was that?" Nini said sweetly. "And why did I not hate it" Ricky smiled. A genuine smile, he hasn't done that since June. "I didn't hate it either" They both just starred into each other's eyes smiling like kids on Christmas morning. "and about what I said earlier...about your song, I really did mess up I shouldn't have just walked out like I did, that was a real dick move." "And I'm sorry about posting that online, I really shouldn't have done that without knowing how you felt about me." Nini said breaking eye contact and starring at her shoes. "Now look Nini it's not that I didn't and don't...you know" he gulped and then continued talking "it was just that with me, and what's going on with my parents, I'm just so used to running a way when things got rough, or something uncontrollable happens, like love" he said the last part quieter, but Nini still heard it. Then they both looked up and made eye contact again, but this time they smashed their lips together. It was a short and sweet kiss but it was exactly what they both needed. "So do you was to try this again" Ricky asked hopefully "Nothing would make me happier" she replied a single tear of joy rolling down her face. Ricky quickly put his had on her cheek and wiped it away with his thumb before resting his forehead on her's. "I think I kinda you know" Ricky said. Nini was in shock she never thought any words like that would ever come out of Ricky's mouth. "I think I kinda you know too" they were about to kiss again when they herd cheer coming from the door. They opened it to see all their friends standing their still cheering "I alway new my ship would sail" Carlos squealed. But Ricky and Nini didn't care all they cared about was that they had each other.

I know, I know another story with the cheesiest ending ever, and I still don't care. Sorry this one is so short but I can't think of any other way to end it.

617 words