Talking it Out

Ricky's parents have been fighting for months now and it only seems to be getting worse

Ricky's parents have been fighting for months now and it only seems to be getting worse. Sometimes when the fights get really bad Ricky will call or text Nini and she would come to his house and take him somewhere to get his mind off of his parents.

This time wasn't different. Nini showed up 10 minutes after she sent her last text. When Ricky saw her car pull up to his house he quickly climbed out of his window and made his way over to her car. She was standing against the driver's side door, waiting for him to meet her there like they usually do.

When he walked up to her, she immediately pulled him into a hug. They stayed like that for a while, just relaxing in each other's arms. After a few minutes they pulled away and got into the car, Nini driving and Ricky in the passenger's seat.

Nini held Ricky's hand as she drove, their hands resting on the center council, as she rubbed little circles into the back of his hand to calm him down.

About 15 minutes later she pulled into their spot. It was just a little look out over Salt Lake so they could admire the view. Nini walked around to the back of her car and put her back seats down to make more room in the back for them. Nini had brought her laptop and all of Ricky's favorite snacks so they could relax and watch a movie while eating their fears and worries away.

They turned on a random movie on Disney+, and just enjoyed being in each other's embrace. "I don't get it" Ricky said so quietly Nini almost didn't hear. "I don't get why they have to fight all the time. They used to love each other, what happened, what changed, what made them hate each other. Is that what's going to happen to us, are we just going to end up hating each other in 20 years." Ricky said.

"Ricky we are not your parents" she said pulling away from him slightly so she could look at him in his eyes. "Just because your parents have problems doesn't mean we will, and if we waste our time worrying about what will happen 20 years from now then we won't make it to our 20th anniversary, but if we just forget about your parents and focus on us, then we have the ability to be together forever. Okay. But you need to remember that we are not them, we have our own relationship completely different from anyone else's" Nini said, running her hand up and down his arm.

A tear fell from his eye as he listened to her talk. "I'm sorry, you're right I shouldn't have even brought it up"  Ricky said. "No I'm happy you said something, it's important for us to talk stuff like this out, so we don't have those problems out in the future. And if you ever feel like this again please talk to me about it" Nini said.

Ricky pulled her into a hug. "I love you, so much. You are the best thing to ever happen to me." he said, kissing her hair. "I love you too, so much" she said, "Why don't we finish this movie and then I'll drive you back home." "Okay"

Ricky came home to find his dad passed out on the couch, and his mom nowhere to be found. 'Me and Nini will never be like this. I'll make sure of it' Ricky thought as he laid down in his bed to sleep, and he slept well that night dreaming of his and Nini's future, together.

___________________________

Sorry for the really slow updates but school has been really stressful lately.

629 words