Bruises

Ricky's parents had finally let him go to the skatepark alone. He was 10 at the time and it was his first real taste of freedom. His parents made him promise that he would be careful and he would not get hurt.

He had only been there for about 20 minutes when it happened. He went to do a trick when his foot slipped and he fell. He got a cut on his knee and a few bruises.It wasn't that bad but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

He knew he couldn't go back to his parents like that so he went to the next best place. His best friend Nini's house. When he knocked on the door Nini answered. She was home alone at the time, and completely in shock when she saw Ricky.

"What did you do this time" she asked, rolling her eyes. "My parents let me go to the skate park by myself, and I promised I wouldn't get hurt but then I did and I didn't know what to do, and then I came here"

Nini grabbed his hand and led him into her kitchen "You go sit on the counter and wait for me while I go grab the first aid kit"

Ricky followed Nini's instructions and sat on the counter. Nini came back in a few minutes later carrying a bag with all her supplies.

She poured a saline solution onto a cotton pad and started cleaning out his cut on his knee. After that she grabbed a bandage and placed it over the cut.

She then leaned down and placed a soft kiss on all his bruises.

"All better" she whispered, helping him down off the counter. "Okay now go home"

When Ricky was walking home he felt something changed in his mind, but he didn't really know what it was yet.

_______________________

It know it's short and not my best work but I thought it was a cute idea.

Thank you for all your support on everything. It means a lot to me.

343 words