The Secret 2 (Rini week #2 7)

The rest of high school was good for the two

The rest of high school was good for the two. The biggest thing they had to do was tell their friends. Nini had told none of her friends about the pregnancy. Only her moms, her doctor and her teachers knew about it.

Ricky was already there when their friends started to arrive

Ricky was already there when their friends started to arrive. When they all arrived their friends sat on the couches while Nini and Ricky stood at the front by the stairs.

"Okay so what is it you wanted to show us" Ashlyn said. "Do you write a new song" Kourtney asked. "Did you write a song together" Big Red asked, pointing at the both of them. "No and no," Nini said before leaning toward Ricky to whisper something to him. "Can you go grab her from her crib" she whispered. He nodded and made his way up the stairs to where Rose was sleeping.

Nini stood there awkwardly as they waited for Ricky to come back. When he did everyones eyes went wide. No one expected to see their friend walk down the stairs with a baby in hand. When he got back to where Nini was he gentle handed Rose.

"This is Rose Catherine Bowen, she is our daughter" Nini said looking at Rose. Their friends were still in shock, not sure what to say.

"Why didn't you tell me, we're best friends, we're meant to tell each other everything" Kourtney said standing up and walking toward her. "I know, I'm sorry, but I was really nervous that if I told Ricky he would leave me again and I know that if I told you then you would convince me to tell him. Which I now know was a big mistake, but I can't go back and change the past." Nini said.

They were both silent for a minute Kourtney trying to process what Nini had said. "Can I hold her" said Kourtney quietly. Nini nodded and placed Rose in her arms. When she did that Kourtney started tearing up, "Hi little Rose. I'm your Aunt Kourtney" she said "Wow, you're so beautiful."

Everyone else had stood up to join them. They all formed a circle and took turns holding Rose, until Rose got hungry and started crying.

Graduation was only a few months later. As Nini and Ricky walked across the stage to receive their diplomas Rose sat on Mama C's lap.

After Graduation Their parents helped them move into a small 2 bedroom apartment close to Nini's moms house, so her moms could help them watch Rose when they needed help.