CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Daddddyyyy," the twins screamed running full blast heading for Danny. He picked them both up on each arm as he gave them kisses. I was so happy to see them, but I stayed on the side to allow them some time with their dad. They gave me a hug once he put them down and we walked towards Danny's truck. Once we were in and situated the twins took no time talking our ears off about their sleepover. I was just glad they had a good time.
We decided to go to iHOP and get us some breakfast to start off our little family day. I already ordered the twins meal as well as mine so at this point we were just waiting for it to arrive. I was slightly antsy because I was starving from that little quickie Danny and I had before we got the kids. I don't know if it was just me, but sex always made me hungry.

"So are we matching again for your parents dinner," Danny asked making conversation. My eyes grew large as I drank my orange juice.

"Would you believe me if I said I forgot all about that dinner?"

"I would suppose so. I can tell it hasn't been too much of a priority for you this time around."
I shrugged at his accusation. "I guess you could say that. I love my parents, but you know how my mom is. I'm sorry, but I don't look forward to all of her shadiness especially if Naomi is coming. I don't appreciate all the disrespectful remarks she makes towards my sister."

"Don't act like it's just your mom who comes off wrong. Naomi has a mouth on her too, regardless if you want to admit or not."
"The only time Naomi gets disrespectful is if someone comes for her first. It's obvious people like yourself and my mom aren't use to people not taking your bullshit. And that's why I love her," I laughed to myself. They knew who to play with and Naomi wasn't the one.

"Yeah whatever," Danny mumbled scrolling through his phone. "I miss your old friends. They weren't ever problems."

"Fuck them hoes. They were always problems."

"Language baby," he warned me. The twins weren't paying us attention as they colored the picture the waitress gave us when we were first seated.
"And fuck you boy. I'm grown."
"I already know. You a big girl in every way," he licked the side of my neck causing me to giggle. I lightly pushed him away telling him to stop.
"Danny," a female voice asked from behind us. Danny noticed her first since he stared at her as if she was a ghost. He swallowed hardly before answering her.

"What's good Amiyah?"
Amiyah. Where have I heard that name before?
"Hi, I'm Amiyah, Danny's helping me with creating my EP," the girl smiled holding her hand out for me to shake. I just looked at it, now realizing who the hoe was. She was the girl Danny and I got into it over a few weeks back. The one he claimed he would stop working with or whatever bullshit he mustered up.
"I'm his wife," I replied. It kind of made me want to laugh in spite of. I think this man may not be worth a damn the rest of his life.

"It's nice to meet you," she continued. "Your husband is nearly a musical genius. He's taught me so much in such little time."

"Yeah, haven't you heard? Danny can move real fast," I said sarcastically. She went on to say some more stuff, but at this point I was tuning her ass out because I just felt like out of respect Danny should get the hoe away from our family, but of course I was expecting too much from his trifling ass. I studied this Amiyah girl and I would be lying if I said she wasn't beautiful. It couldn't help to remind me of the days when I first found out Danny was cheating on me. I was 6 months pregnant and already going through stuff with carrying the twins. I had to find out through the female he was cheating on me with that he wasn't just fooling with her and that there was another girl involved as well. She only told me because she was mad about there being another girl instead of being a sideline hoe altogether. I think that was the biggest pain I suffered through. It hurt so bad and I never forgot it. It was true when they said pregnancy hurt hits differently. I became so insecure, especially after I had our children. I gained way more weight than I ever had. Danny never made me feel beautiful around that rough patch of my life. Instead he got involved with another chick. That was one of the main reasons I got became nearly obsessed with getting my body back and my appearance. I felt like I needed to compete with these women to make my own husband notice me. My self esteem wasn't shit then and to be honest it's not really that much higher now, but I'm doing much better. That's besides the point though.

"You good bae, you zoned out on us," Danny shook me a little. I looked up again and the bitch was still standing there cheesing.

"You must really want me to whoop your ass. I promise you this glass will go across your head and I won't give a damn about it," I told him in all seriousness. Both of their smiles faded seeing that I was serious. Danny cleared his throat I guess embarrassed and Amiyah finally left.

"You really just got this bitch around our fucking family? You really having a conversation with a hoe you're practically cheating on me with in front of my muthafuckin face. You really not worth shit Danny," I whispered only loud enough for him to hear. We were having a stare down when our food had finally arrived. I wanted to smash it in his face, but I really try my hardest to not act out around our kids or in public.

"Raya I don't talk to that girl like that anymore. It's been strictly business since that day. I swear."

"Babies hurry and eat your food so we can get out of here," I told the twins ignoring him. He smacked his lips as if I was being the unreasonable one. We didn't speak anymore after that. Danielle and Ryan were completely oblivious to the tension between their parents so breakfast was a success for them and a big ass fail for us.

After breakfast, we went to the mall and did a little shopping. The twins actually got the most things. Then we went home and played around in the pool. Like always, I kept up this frunt to keep them happy. I cooked dinner later that day, watched a movie with them, and got them bathed so they could get some sleep for school tomorrow. They were so worn out for the day that getting them to sleep at their bedtime was no problem for me at all.
I went up to my room with today's bullshit still fresh on my mind.
"You trifling bitch," I ran up on him with nothing but anger in my chest. I slapped him with the force of all the pain I've experienced with him. I was just tired.
I couldn't let it go because it was my hurt. It was my pain. I didn't know how to heal from it so I just allowed it to grow. I punched wherever my blows could stick. I punched until one of my knuckles started to bleed. I punched until he pushed me with so much force that my head hit the floor as I flew back.

"Bitch what is wrong with you," he yelled. He grabbed me by my hair forcing me to look at his now damaged face. Tears streamed down mine as I looked at the man I once was head over hills for. "Answer me nigga," he gripped my hair harder causing me to flinch from pain but I kept my mouth shut.

"Stupid bitch. You better be glad I didn't knock the fire out yo ass. Ungrateful ass. All this shit I've done for your sorry ass and you trying to jump stupid with a nigga."

"Fuck you bitch. You can go to hell," I scrambled away from him, but he quickly gripped my arm so tightly that I yelped in pain.

"I ain't tryna go to jail tonight. I'll fuck around and hurt you. I swear to God," he yelled in my face before storming away to grab his shoes and shirt. After he got his clothes on he grabbed his keys and slammed our door. I didn't chase him and I wasn't the slightest concerned where he went. I just sat in the corner and cried until my tears gave out. Once I got myself under control I lit up my already pre-rolled blunt taking a long pull as I walked on our balcony. The night was quiet, but my soul was raging. I let the smoke come out through my nose closing my eyes allowing the breeze in the wind to sweep around my body. I was numb, so numb.

Damn.
If you ever was Team Danny, question is are you still on his team? Do you think Raya handled that accordingly? Where tf is Maurice when you need him 🥺