Showtime

"What's up everyone! It's J hope here with RM and Agust D

"What's up everyone! It's J hope here with RM and Agust D. We're here at U of Seoul about to do our soundcheck and rehearse for the end of the year concert and we are super excited...."

Namjoon is wedged between Yoongi and Hoseok after arriving at the venue on the day of the big show. Other artists and performers buzz about backstage as the stage crew and campus employees ready the stage.

His mind is sharp, his adrenaline high. He'd been looking forward to this show for some time and now that the day was finally here, Namjoon thought there couldn't possibly be anything that would put a damper on his mood.

At least he thought.

The three flash their coolest smiles and poses to close out the video and Namjoon tenses when he feels Yoongis shoulder brush against him as he leaned into the frame.

"....We look forward to seeing everyone tonight. RM, Agust D, and myself.Fighting!"

Yoongi and Hoseok bare a fist to the camera but Namjoon keeps his hands at his side, choosing to sport his signature thin-lipped dimpled grin only until the recording ends.

Hoseok drops his hand and taps at the screen to post the video to his various social media accounts as he walked away, leaving Namjoon and Yoongi standing awkwardly.

He glances at Yoongi from the corner of his eye as he pulls out his phone to scroll mindlessly.

His dusted minty blue hair was no more, replaced with bleach blonde locks that laid straight and pushed back underneath his black snapback.

He glances up at Namjoon, most likely having felt his stare, and pays him with an expression so smug and unfazed, that it took everything in Namjoon to resist the urge to slap the device out of his hand.

"You good?" Yoongi asks, lifting a brow.

After a moment Namjoon nods to play it off.

"A little nervous I guess..."

Yoongi smirks.

"It's cool. I can relate. I was nervous when I was a headliner too. I used to drink so much to cope with the nerves. But over time I just learned to channel that energy and let it out on the stage." Yoongi says casually as he returned his attention to his phone.

Namjoon clenched his jaw at the advice, finding it ironic that someone with such a violent past could have anything worth suggesting when it comes to channeling their energy.

The thought of him even looking at you the wrong way had Namjoons blood boiling and at that moment he realized it was time to take a step away before he did or said something he'd regret.

He looks up in time to see Mia walking by with two other female vocalists, talking amongst themselves casually.

Their eyes meet and Mia arches a brow as she swayed her hips, her heels clicking as the three pass.