The Mirror's Diary

Have you ever wondered if the mirror in your room has its own diary? Well, this is just a part of the mirror's diary for her:

"Wednesday, 11.57pm,

It happened again. My owner came to me just to tell me how she was anxious with the way how she looked. I watched her changing from a dress to another. She turned her body round and round in front of me just to check her angles. She took a picture of herself then deleted it, then she repeated the action. But I did not care about that. What hurt me the most was when she ranted how she probably could never appreciate the way how her body was designed as a whole. At first I was so mad. I wanted to yell at her telling that she should never be this selfish and greedy, she needed to move on. However after a moment of thinking, after watching her repeating the same scenes almost everyday, I finally wish and pray that for at least once, although the risk of being impossible is higher, I want to tell her these words.

Dear, it is okay to look average. It is okay to look like that. Other people will always be more attractive and beautiful than you. Of course, you can look as pretty as them one day, but surely that will take an elongated period of time and certainly will take up most of your efforts. But for now, you need to focus more on your time first.

Dear, maybe beauty the sword is never your weapon but do remember you have other daggers, shield, knives and fists to defend yourself with.

Dear, who says you are not that beautiful? Yes, maybe you are not that attractive like others. But that is just the surface of you. Everyone is beautiful, but beauty is so universal; and your kind of beauty lies within your flawless soul of empathy and flexible altruism. The way how you keep others first is your art and the way how you are willing to sacrifice yourself for them is your ultimate strength because not everyone can do that.

Dear, consider yourself as beautiful as you are. Yes, you might not have the courage to post your pictures in the internet like others, maybe you are struggling to be proud of yourself, still looking fot ways how to love yourself.

But dear, I just need you to know that even just by breathing you are always beautiful, and even the most beautiful diamond is resting deep within your heart. So please, I love you and I need you to love you as who you are too.

Wednesday, 12.16pm."

-a message to self-esteem; please grow well buddy-