Appreciating Yourself

Standing in front of the mirror all she saw was an ordinary woman of no beauty. Yes, no beauty. Does it sound so exaggerated? Perhaps, perhaps there is beauty lingering upon her but that time she was blinded by the cognition she had that she could not see so clearly.

There was a time when her best friends posted pictures of themselves looking so stunning in those alluring dresses and how she alone wished she could look just like them receiving 1000 of likes and followers with a picture of herself she posted.

There was a time when her friend showed how strong and muscular her arm was and now getting internally challenged by her friend she secretly started lifting dumbbells endlessly at home just wanting to get the same or better results than others so desperately.

There was a time when she spent hours and days browsing through the internet ranging from how to pose as an oversized woman just because she wanted to look perfect to looking for natural ways to purify the face from incredible acnes for a woman having a hormonal imbalance issue.

There was a time when she somehow decided to stop fighting and just bawling the eyes out questioning the creator wondering if she weighed too much to be a burden in this world and that she should light up a chance to dream a better version of herself.

There was a time, yes, a time when she was so obsessed in the thought of perfection. The state of being herself was not enough and that beauty was never her friend and she hated that thinking how it was unfair for her not able to live her teenage years to love herself and just ended up envying the women around her who looked so better each time she stared at them.

She was never competitive, she just wanted to be proud of herself at least once. She assumed that there was nothing on her body that she could be proud of, literally nothing and to that she felt like she had nothing to offer.

However, everyone is also wanting to be the better version of themselves.

She then began to realise that if everyone has to show out their personal 'competition' in being the better version of themselves, there will be no specific winner.

And the only method to be the winner is simply by appreciating ourselves.

Regardless of the way how we look, our size, our height and our skin, all we need to do is to appreciate that we are born complete. There are some people out there born incomplete and it is surely harder for them too. Therefore, all we need to do is to appreciate.

Again, complete or incomplete, all we need to do is to appreciate our existence and our breathing. Our creator has a specific reason to send us living in this world and it is a must for us to continue living and fighting, to continue walking on the paths of this world because the chance to live in this world is only once. And I tell you, there will be a time when you will realise that the moment we breathe and live is a gift; the rarest give you will only be given for once and once it goes it will never return.

So therefore, please do appreciate yourself for who you are. Love you for who you are.

-just remember this, when you realise you have weaknesses that simply means you also have the strengh; because weaknesses do not come alone without strength-