Fall Play - Logicality

I walked into the principal's office, wondering why he urgently needed me to come in. After all, I've worked as a teacher here for few years now and I'd rarely ever needed to talk to him.

"Ah! Logan there you are. Hello!"

"Salutations Mr Sanders."

"Logan, how many times have I told you? Call me Thomas! Mr Sanders is my dad."

"Okay. What is so that you called me in here for?" I ask, still very confused.

"Oh yes! Thank you for reminding me."

"The reason I called you in here was to tell you the good news! You and another teacher are running the Fall Play!"

Good news?

I don't want to do the play. What kind of rotten luck is this?

"Umm... Couldn't the job be given to another teacher?"

"No Logan, you know that two teachers are randomly selected every year!"

"But I didn't sign up for this and I have other duties to attend to."

"I can't bend the rules for just you."

"I urge you to reconsider... I would be far from good at this job." I say, slightly desperate at this point.

"Logan, that might not be true. You might not know how much your skills could apply in this area." He says with a smile.

"Thom-"

"You should head down to the theatre room and meet the other teacher. I know you don't have classes today so you don't have any excuses to not go."

I pause for a second and I know that there is no getting out of this now.

I can do this.

I walk downstairs to the theatre room. I take a deep breath before grabbing the handle and walking in the door of the room.

I walk into the noisy room full of drama kids and as soon as I am spotted, the room goes silent.

Dead silent.

"Um hi Mr Black..." I hear one of them say silently.

I can tell that they all think they are in trouble.

I'm not unaware to the fact that I'm not seen as a particularly friendly teacher.

They think that I don't see all of the whispers and stares directed at me or when they complain about my unfriendly nature, but I do. It doesn't bother me though.

"Is there a teacher here that is running the fall play?"

"Oh yes there is... he went backstage to look at the props and costumes we have for it."

"Could you get him please?"

She leaves to get the other teacher and I see her make an annoyed face to her friend as she leaves.

I stand there at the front of the room by the door while the students start to grow more and more uncomfortable.

"Oh he's here?!" I hear from backstage.