Statue - Logicality

IDEA NOT MINE

Human Au

I saw a prompt for this somewhere and I can't find it and I'm annoyed at myself but I had to make it into Logicality!

There's a famous small town called Amare, named after the Latin word for love.

The reason it was named this is because of the legend behind the statue in the middle of the small town.

It is a statue of a smart looking, handsome young man with glasses standing and reading a book. The statue is named 'Cogitare' after the Latin word for think.

It is believed that when his soulmate makes contact with him, he will turn human.

This turned out to be a massive tourist magnet since everyone wants to get a photo of them touching the statue.

The tourism lead the town to become rich and offering much more than just a photo which brought more tourists. The town wasn't fond of people touching the statue, for fear of somebody breaking it but it brought business and food on their plates.

"Come ooonnnnnnn Virgil! We have to go!" Patton whined and Virgil groaned.

"Why do we have to go? It's like two hours away." Virgil continued scrolling on his phone.

"It's only an hour and fifteen minutes drive! It's only forty five on train!" Patton nagged.

Patton decided to use his last attempt.

Puppy eyes.

Virgil immediately caught on to what Patton was doing and tried to cover his eyes.

"NO PATTON. NO. DONT USE THE PUPPY EYES! ANYTHING BUT THOSE! FINE! We can go see the stupid statue." Virgil got up off of the couch and Patton jumped up and down in excitement.

"YAY! LET'S GO!" Patton grabbed Virgil by the arm and started walking to the door.

"Pat? Aren't you forgetting something?" Patton patted his pockets and looked up at Virgil.

"No, I have my wallet, room key and phone." Virgil sighed loudly.

"Roman?" Patton let out a large noise of realisation and ran to the other room.

"ROMAN! DO YOU WANT TO GO TO SEE THE SOULMATE STATUE WITH ME AND VIRGIL?!" Virgil heard Patton yell into the bedroom where Roman was sleeping.

This holiday was supposed to be peaceful...

"YES!" After what was only about a minute Roman came out of the room fully dressed and with a little makeup on.

"LET'S GO!" Roman yelled and opened the door in an extremely dramatic fashion. Virgil and Patton followed him and locked the door behind them.

~~~~~

They sat on the almost empty train in silence. Patton was hopping up and down it his seat excitedly, Roman was swinging around one of the standing passenger poles while humming Disney and Virgil was regretting the life choices he made that had brought him to this moment.

"Why are you doing that?" Virgil asked Roman who suddenly stopped and looked at Virgil.

"The real question is... why aren't you doing this?" Roman smirked and Virgil sighed yet again.

"No, it's why did we decide to get on a train to take a photo with a statue that's only claim to fame is that if you touch it, it might come to life?" Virgil looked up to see Roman frowning slightly.

"Because this kinda thing is what Disney movies are made of!" Roman grabbed Virgil by the arms and pulled him out of his seat.

"Standing is fun!"