Online Crush - Logicality

Human Au

Eighteen months ago...

Patton looked at his computer feeling very nervous.

Patton had just reached two million subscribers and so did another YouTuber that he had a small bit of an internet crush on.

They'd never spoken or messaged before and Patton wanted to congratulate him on reaching two million as well.

He had gotten his email address from a mutual friend and he had never used it until now.

He took a deep breath and began to type out a message.

To: logancobalt09@gmail.com

Hi! I'm Patton Harth, I got your email from a friend and just wanted to congratulate you on hitting two million subscribers! Hope you have a great day!

- Patton Harth.

From: Pattonharth238@gmail.com

He decided to just leave it simple and not stress over it too much.

He clicked send and went back to editing his most recent video. He ended up falling asleep at his desk while editing and used his mousepad as a pillow somehow.

He woke up early the next morning and forgot all about the email he had sent. He got up and headed into the kitchen to make himself and his roommate some breakfast when he was interrupted by said roommate.

"Congratulations!" A voice exclaimed and pulled Patton into a large bear hug.

"For what?" He asked, still groggy from the lack of sleep. Roman released him and looked at him.

"Hitting two million! That's amazing!" Patton suddenly remembered hitting the huge milestone and a massive grin made its way into his face.

"Yay!" He said and they both spent the next few minutes screeching in excitement. Patton finally headed over to the stove to make pancakes and he didn't even hear the email notification coming from his computer in the other room.

Patton and Roman enjoyed some lovely chocolate chip pancakes and Patton sat back down in his chair to finish the editing he hadn't completed last night. That's when he noticed an email in his inbox.

"What the..?" He looked at the name on the email and he qucikly remembered sending an email to Logan Cobalt.

"He actually responded!" Patton fangirled a little before actually opening the email.

To: Pattonharth238@gmail.com

Thank you for your congratulations. I must say the same to you though as you've just reached the same milestone. I was pleasantly surprised to see your email as I've watched a number of your videos in the past. I'd like to let you know that I was thoroughly entertained by them.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

- Logan Cobalt

From: Logancobalt09@gmail.com

Patton smiled happily at the email and decided to respond.

To: Logancobalt09@gmail.com

I'm happy to hear that you like my videos! I like yours a lot too! Seeing your response made my day! Have a wonderful day.

- Patton Harth

From: Pattonharth238@gmail.com

Patton sent the email and closed the tab so he could actually start editing now.