When Spring Met Winter - Logicality

Spring was excited.

Spring was more than excited.

Spring felt like throwing up rainbows and butterflies in excitement.

It was finally springtime!

He had waited for nine months and even though it went by quickly he still missed his time in the sun.

He skipped out into the garden of seasons and started giggling uncontrollably.

He loved the grass, the trees, the air, absolutely everything!

The flowers weren't back yet and the trees didn't have leaves but that was his job so he didn't expect it.

His laughing and twirling was interrupted by something, no...

Someone in the corner of his eye.

He ducked behind one of the wooden benches that were placed around the garden and got a better look at them.

They were sitting with one leg up resting on the other reading a book on a bench.

Spring took a moment to take in his appearance.

Black shirt, blue tie, black overcoat, black trousers, black dress shoes, dark, slicked back hair...

Then he saw his face...

God he was handsome.

He had a strong jaw, deep blue eyes that spring felt he could stare into for all of eternity, he had glasses resting comfortably on his nose and his face was completely indulged on the page of the book he was reading.

He felt his cheeks go a bit red.

He had only ever met two other people before.

He met summer a few times when they switched and from those few meetings he had found out that summer was completely in love with autumn.

He met autumn twice when he got up a bit too early for his shift. Spring wasn't even sure if that was a thing the seasons could do.

Before he knew it, spring was walking over to the man on the bench and introducing himself.

"Hi! I'm spring! Who are you?"

The other man jumped a bit in shock and was completely caught off guard by spring's sudden appearance. He looked back to the other male and stood up to meet his eye level and both were made aware of spring's clear height disadvantage.

"Apologies for being startled, I had read about the other seasons although I never expected to meet another one besides autumn, and to answer your question, I am winter."

Spring was surprised to actually meet winter and that this is what he looked like.

He had heard about him before but he wasn't how he pictured him.

He only knew from autumn's vague descriptions and a few short rants from summer.

"Pleased to meet ya winter!" Spring stuck out his hand for a handshake and winter shook it.

The moment their skin touched Patton suddenly felt freezing cold. It was a feeling he had never felt before although he knew that it was cold because that was the only word that kept blinking in his head.

As for winter, he was in shock at the feeling he had only read about.....

Warmth.

It spread from his hand to all around his body like fire and then in a split second it went back into his hand again.