Patton Poppins - Logicality

Thank you pansexual_roleplayer for choosing this out of my list of options!

Mary Poppins au with changes because I haven't watched Mary Poppins in a while and it's supposed to be different anyway.

I searched up some of the scenes and a portion of the beginning is very similar to the movie.

Also, IMPORTANT.

I think Wattpad is changing around the order of some chapters and it's just been acting weird with this story. On my home page, it tells me that I have 155 chapters. Wattpad multiplied a lot of my drafts for some reason and I sorry if this is affecting you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan sat in front of his two children to tell them what he knew he had to say eventually. It pained him to stay away from his children that he loved so much but he had just gotten a promotion that would keep him away a lot more often.

He was a single parent of a seven year old called Virgil and a nine year old called Thomas. He loved them more than life itself but if he wanted them to be in good care he had to hire a nanny.

They stared at him with confusion and he took a deep breath.

"Boys, you know I love you and would do anything in the world for you." They nodded but listened closely to what their dad wanted to say.

"I got a promotion yesterday which means that I'll have to be away more often." His heart broke watching their faces drop in sadness.

"I'm going to hire a nanny to take care of you while I'm away. I'll make sure they are the perfect person to take care of you and are very qualified." Their faces stayed sad but they both leaped up from where they were sitting to hug their dad tightly. They could tell that he wasn't happy with the news and that he needed a hug.

He pat them gently on the back in a fatherly way before pulling away and looking both of them warmly in the eyes.

"Will the nanny be nice?" Thomas twiddled his thumbs and Logan let out a slow breath.

"They'll be very nice." Thomas grinned in relief and Virgil spoke up with his voice obviously nervous.

"Will the nanny like us?" Logan gazed into Virgil's eyes lovingly and spoke.

"They will love you."

Logan was normally a very strict and proper man but he couldn't help having a very soft spot for his children. They were the light of his life and the reason he got up in the morning. Anyone who saw him at work would never even think that he could be such a kind and warm father. If anyone even placed a finger of either of his kids they wouldn't live to see the light of tomorrow morning.

After a bit more talking, Logan realised that it was past Virgil and Thomas's bedtimes so he sent them off to bed. While Virgil hopped into bed, Thomas ran over to his markers.

"What're you doing?" Virgil got back out of bed and ran over to his older brother.

"I'm writing an advertisement for our new nanny!" Thomas reached for a piece of paper and grabbed his set of markers.

"Can I help?" Thomas nodded and sat cross-legged down on the wood floor to write. Virgil sat down beside him and watched.

"We need to write the qualifications!" Thomas pulled a purple marker from his set and pulled off the cap.

"The quali- what?" Virgil scrunched his face up in confusion and stared down at the empty page.

"It's what our nanny needs to be like!" Virgil nodded in understanding and waited for his brother to write.