First Words - Prinxiety and Logicality

Okay the reason that this is late or simply a bit worse than usual is because I had a long soulmate Logicality Au about three quarters finished but when I read over it I realised that I hated it.

It wasn't funny, didn't make me smile, it was confusing and most of all I wasn't proud of it and I just didn't like it.

So I scrapped it completely because there was no saving it.

Soulmate Au where the first thing you hear your soulmate say is written on your arm.

Logan looked down at his arm.

He had mixed feelings about the words that have been there his entire life.

'Oh my god...
The guy beside him is the most beautiful person I've ever seen and he has a book about famous artists. HE LOOKED THIS WAY.
V, help! Gay panic!'

His soulmate mark is much longer than a normal one. On most people it's about a sentence long or only a few words.

It never mattered how much Logan tried to use the information to piece together some information about his soulmate, all he ever knew is that he's gay and most likely has a friend named 'V'.

When Logan was younger he had decided to look at some famous artists on a whim and ended up finding an interest. He wasn't talented at drawing and had no interest in making art himself but he found himself incredibly satisfied by the patterns and other tools used in paintings such as the golden ratio.

A lot of the people he knew had already found their soulmates and even though he was only in college, he still felt as though he was lagging behind.

Aside from all of that though his soul mark never failed to make him feel a bit better.

Logan walked in through the entrance of his local park and made his way over the the bench area. He walked past several bright green bushes and colourful flowers on his way before taking his seat at a bench underneath a large drooping tree that shaded the spot nicely.

He opened his book that he had brought and read as he waited for his friend to arrive.

After about ten minutes of reading his friend did arrive and sat right down next to Logan on the bench.

"Hey Lo." He said but Logan didn't tear his attention away from the book he was reading.

"Hello Roman." He replied while still reading his book.

"How are you?" Roman asked in a feeble attempt at a conversation.

"Adequate." He replied with no further comment. Roman sighed loudly and realised that this was going nowhere. So he reached out and grabbed the book from the smart man's hands and jumped off the bench.

"Roman... What are you doing? Could you please return my book?" He said with a tired voice and trying to remember why he was such good friends with someone so different from himself.

"I'm taking your book so you actually talk!"

"Roman give me back my book." Logan said with a noticable demanding tone.

"Nope." Logan reached for the book that Roman was holding but Roman dodged his hand.

"This is ridiculous... That book is my property so taking it and refusing to give it to me is illegal."

"You can have it back... You'll just have to catch me first!" So with that, Roman ran off to the large grass area where most families and other people had realaxing days out. Logan ran after him and after less than a minute it had turned into a full game of chase for the book.

They ran around the grass while disturbing a lot of people trying to enjoy their days out but Roman and Logan didn't seem to notice.

"This would be so much easier if you simply have me back me book." Logan asked as the two came to a halt to breathe.

"True, but it's more fun this way!"

"This is something you would describe as fun?"

"Yeah! It's kinda like tag!"

"Not really."

"Too bad you're not getting your book back!" Roman said as he took off running once again making Logan run after him.

"Give it back Roman!" Logan said while running.

"Nope! Sorry calculator watch you can read about nerd stuff later! AHH!" In the middle of his gloating he ran right into a lovely family of five.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't looking!" He said as he hastily picked himself up from the ground. There were a lot of people around the picnic area looking at the commotion now. The family assured him that it was fine and just to remember to look where he was going so he doesn't get hurt.

He walked over to Logan who had his book in his arms and reading. Once again, his full attention was at the book in front of him.

Roman decided for no reason then to just test Logan.

"Hey Lo, I robbed a bank yesterday." Logan just nodded slightly.

"I also killed eight civilians."

"I kidnapped the eleventh doctor."

"I stole a jet from the military and crashed it into an orphanage."

"I'm hiding from the law you have to help me!"

Roman was suddenly interrupted by someone he heard talking.

"Oh my god Pat... That guys just said the words on my soulmate mark..." Patton looked up and who Virgil gestured towards.

"Oh my god...
The guy beside him is the most beautiful person I've ever seen and he has a book about famous artists. HE LOOKED THIS WAY. V, help! Gay panic!"

Logan's head shot up and towards direction of the words as they were being said. Roman and Logan looked at each other.

"Roman... What do I do? I think that's my soulmate." Roman quickly grabbed Logan's arm and pulled him over to where the other pair were sitting.

"Uhh hi..." Patton said nervously.

"Salutations..." Logan said and looked at Patton.

"You're really handsome!" Patton said extremely fast and got a smile from Logan. Logan offered his had for Patton to take.

"You're also handsome. Would you like to go somewhere a  little more silent?"

"Y-yeah" With that Logan took Patton's hand and they walked off.

"So you're hiding from the law?", Virgil said and smirked.

Roman's face dropped.

"Oh my Lord... That isn-" Roman was cut off by Virgil showing him the words Roman had said as a joke to Logan.

"Oh no..."

"Oh yes." Virgil smirked wide.

"Anyway, what's your name soulmate?"

"Virgil Black, and you are?"

"Roman Prince. Pleasure to meet you."

I just felt like writing something a bit shorter and a soulmate Au.

Hope you enjoyed!

Also I'm currently working on about three chapters right now.

Thanks for reading!
-Alex