Dreamless...

In a recent RP, I did with Lenixxoxox. We start to ship two other OC we have together. I make a little story base on our RP.

In a dark castle, abandoned for more than a thousand years, reside a book. Not any book. A magical one that held all the knowledge of the magic world. Those that become their master would hold all the power. Of course, why would this priceless book be on a castle abandoned to the world? Well, it's complicated yet simple. This book is not only ordinary but also can speak and interact with anyone around. His original form is a book but he holds enough magic to change size and appearance. Once he has a master, he is bond to this person until they die. However, the book's choice of his master. For the longest time, he would follow two particular families. The Wolfstein and the Clearwater. He always chooses one of them but this time around after the death of his master a thousand years ago. He has reminded dormant. People that knew his existence are now gone. The book also has a name. Gestalt.

Gestalt's personality was always being cheerful and egocentric. He enjoys showing his knowledge and always ready to serve his master. Why would a cheerful book is now asleep then instead to serve his new master? Well, you will have to go back further back. A thousand years back.

His master thousand-year back was not one but two masters. Despite their age of difference, those siblings lookalike beside their eyes colours. Their name was Moon and Alice. Both of them value Gestalt and see him as an important friend. Gestalt loves them both and it was the first time he has so much fun to serve them. He is usually in his book form but he can also change into a human. An art he often uses to train Alice in magic or helping Moon in the lab. He knows human physiologic and emotions but he never really feels real emotions. Until he meets with a beautiful pink hair woman. Her name is Iris Cresent Clearwater. She was the little cousin of Moon and Alice. He meets her when she was 16 during a time where the family was on the edge of a war with their own people. The council. Gestalt really enjoys being with her and she also likes his company. They become close and have those secret meetings. Only Alice knew about it for a while. When the council was disbanded and some sort of peace arrive within the family, they both began to see each other publicly. They were happy together and even if Red, Iris's close cousin, thought it was weird at first but seeing her being happy was all that matter.

In a few years, however, when Gestalt finally wanted to propose to her. Things didn't go as planned. You see, someone from the council survive and lead a rebellion to the Clearwater. To save his dear sister, Moon pass as her and let her run away from them. Iris and Red also run away but... it's didn't went well. Iris and Red were ambushed on their way out of the country and both die from an awful death. Gestalt found them too late and held Iris's corpse for who knows how many hours. It was the first time Gestalt feel despair over the death of someone dear to him.

Since that day, Gestalt change alongside Alice, his mistress who also lost her sibling, they both plead revenge and destroy everyone that kills their loved ones. Powerful together, they destroy everyone relates to the council and those idiots that fellow the council. However, there was a price to pay. You see, Alice overuses a great deal of her mana and ends up having a corrupted SOUL. She slowly dies after she leads the war. Her family and friends were beside her until her last moment. She looks at everyone around her and her eyes stop to her faithful friend. Gestalt. She wanted everyone to be out as she wanted to talk to her friend once more.

"Gestalt..."

"Yes, mistress?"

"Do you think... it was worth it?"

"I think so"

"Then why my heart is not at peace?"

"... I don't know... I also feel the same"