You mean like a threesome date?

Tessa

No more quotes.

Jake had stopped giving me quotes about love.

Each and every school day, there was a piece of paper with a quote on it waiting for me in my locker. Except for today.

On this Monday, the quotes had stopped.

And I didn't mind.

I walked up to my locker, expecting my daily quote and wasn't surprised to find a piece of paper in my locker. I was surprised though, that it was something different than usual.

I read the note and I couldn't help the goofy grin that appeared on my face.

I like the way your hair smells like apples

That's what it said. Instead of the quotes, he wrote down something he liked about me. It was way more personal and I loved it.

"You're in a good mood. It's Monday morning, what is wrong with you?" Kate teased when she found me at my locker.

I didn't say anything but gave her the piece of paper instead.

"Huh. He's stepping up his game. Interesting." Kate observed and shot me a big smile.

"I like it." I said with the permanent grin on my face.

"I can tell." Kate chuckled. "So when are we doing this double date thing?"

I sighed and put the piece of paper back in my locker. "I don't know." I said while slamming the locker shut. "I'd have to ask Jake."

"Why don't you ask Jake now?" Kate asked while staring at something behind me. When I turned my head, I noticed Jake and his friends walking in the busy hallway.

"Ask me what?" He said when he approached us. The rest of his friends walked away, except for Jill. She started talking to Kate.

"Did you like the note?" Jake asked. I nodded vigorously but stopped when I realised I must've looked like an idiot. He still had his helmet in his hands and I suddenly realised I'd never actually seen him ride his bike before.

"I'm glad." He replied. "So what did Kate say about asking me?"

"Oh! The double date." Kate grinned and Jill snorted until Jake gave her a stern look.

"Right, I remember. When's it happening?" Jake asked.

"How about this Wednesday?" Kate suggested. Jill and I didn't really say anything while Jake and Kate were discussing their plans. Jill was wearing tight ripped jeans and a baggy dark purple sweater. I'd never had to chance to look at her up close but I tried to be subtle about it so she wouldn't notice.

I blushed when she winked at me. I felt so caught but she wasn't scowling or anything so I guess I was in the clear.

"Sure. I'm free this Wednesday." Jake replled with a shrug.

"Is Matt available? Why don't we go ask him." Jill said with a teasing smile.

"Oh, Matt can come, trust me." Kate said with a sly smile.

"Why do you ask, Jilly? Do you wanna come?" Jake asked.

"Yes! Please, Jill, please." Kate said with a huge pout and big blue eyes.

"You mean like a threesome date?" Jill smirked.

Jake opened his mouth to say something but then changed his mind. He narrowed his eyes at Jill and she did the same. I was guessing they had some inside jokes I wasn't aware of.