ch 21 Calvary battle

" It looks like we have our contestants for the next round" Midnight calls out and we all nod. 

" The next stage is a calvery battle your points will be based on your place in the race." Midnight states and I stiffen and look and Izu. 

" That being said the person in the first place is worth a million points" Midnight states and I impatiently get in front of Izu. My face saying... no daring people to come at me. Many people looked away, but some glared back. 

 " The time for the Cavalry Battle is 15 minutes and that the point value of each team will be the total accumulation of each of the members of the teams' members. The one to wear the total point accumulated headband will be the rider. You can only wear your headband around your head or neck. If a team crumbles or loses a headband, that team is not out of the game. Quirks can be used but cannot be used for malicious aim. Now get your team together." She explains and we all nod I stand by Izu and he smiles at me. 

" Thanks for staying" He calls out and I grin. 

" You are stuck with me," I say and he grins back. Ocho walks up to us and smiles. 

" I would rather be with friends if you'll have me" She states and I hug her. Izu also hugs her after I push him onto her. 

Mei Hatsume also joins us. 

" Alright Ocho could you decrease Izu's weight. Izu you'll be the rider. Mei if you could send you gadgets individually to get points that would work out. I will be our defense and speed. Ocho you'll be the buffer between Izu and some others that I miss. Mei, you will be our main collecter. Izu your job is to steer us and protect yourself for Kami's sake" I tell them and Izu has the decency to blush and look away. Mei and Ocho laugh at this and I put in an eye-roll.

At the start, we indelicately go towards some of the medium level groups while Mei sends out her 'babies' to the lower level groups. Its been 20 minutes and Mei has collected around 80 points while we as a group have collected 720. 

I use my Yang powers to shield us from other people. Ocho was basically keeping Izu out of the vision of others and Mei has been our eyes. 

Shoto and his group come at us and I use my shadows to block them. I watch from the side as the blond kid from yesterday insults Katsuki. 

I use my shadows to control Momo and Denki while Ocho was holding Lida

I use my shadows to control Momo and Denki while Ocho was holding Lida. Izu was fighting Shoto as Mei was defending him. 

" Todoroki its time!" Lida states and it happened in less than a second. Shoto smirks. Lida then powers up his quirk and speeds past us with Shoto snatching Izu's headband after slipping past him. 

Before we can fall due to the force of Lida's speed I use my shadows to hold us up. Mei's babies come back at the last second giving us 50 more points and I use this second to capture the points of a distracted team. 

I look at the headband in my hand and smirk. It's a 300 point headband. 

We ended up in second place. Behind Shoto's team and over Katsuki's team. The purple-haired guy, who I learned was Shinsou, got fourth and last place. 

I walk up to Shoto and heal the cut that he has on his face and walk away with a grin. I then heal Izu and Ocho who are scraped up a bit. 

I see All Might signal me something and I walk away as Midnight explains the break.