ch 26 Nighteye

Today is the first day of our interview. We had the option of going in our UA uniform or our gym uniform. I chose to go in my UA uniform. 

I packed my suitcase for two weeks and headed out to the train station. 

Izu was still eating, but I left earlier since my train ride is longer than his. 

I did some research on Nighteye last night. He has two sidekicks and two UA students under his wing. What interested me the most was the change of Mirio Togata in his stay with this hero. I felt the shadows of my Ying and Yang quirk try to rush free of my control and winced. 

This has been happening a lot lately. Since I only use the shadow part of this quirk the balance has been disrupted and this is a quirk that needs to be balanced. If not the user will feel effects on their attitude. 

To much light, makes you overconfident, someone who can't see the wrong in the world. To many shadows makes you introverted and blurs your vision of good. Too much shadow whispers dark thoughts into your head. 

The thing is that my light quirk is uncontrollable. I can't form it right and it only messes me up and can prove to be fatal in a battle. It burns and disintegrates everything in its path including allies. 

I put these thoughts to the back of my head as I enter the train station. I nod to Aizawa sensei who is marking the students who came on a piece of paper. 

I enter the train that heads to Tokyo and put on my headphones. 

After two hours of listening to music and reading the book that I thankfully brought, we got to Tokyo. 

I quickly sent Izu, Mom, Aizawa, All Might, and Shoto separate messages telling them that I have arrived. 

I instantly find my way to Sir Nighteye's Hero Agency. 

It's a large five-story, white building. 

I walk up to the reception desk and rung the bell. The receptionist sent me a smile and told me to head to the second floor were Sir Nighteye's office is. 

  I knock on the door and here a low come in. I open the door and see Sir Nighteye standing by his desk. 

Sir Nighteye was a tall, lean-but-muscular man with sharp and rather elongated features. His shiny hair was worn smoothed down and parted to his left, and was a dark green color, with three yellow streaks towards the front, two on his right, and one on his left. His eyebrows were also yellow, matching the rims of the triangular glasses he wore and the strikingly bright-yellow irises of his stern-looking eyes. 

He was wearing his normal hero costume which consisted of a plain white suit with gold buttons, a white dress shirt, and a red tie with white dots. 

" Pleasure to be working with you Sir Nighteye," I said with a short bow. All the American and Japanese etiquette lessons father made me do as a kid kicking in upon instinct. 

" The pleasure is mine Isabella Midoiriya also known as Fortune" He replied giving a nod of approval at my greeting. 

He motions for me to take a seat and I smile and sit down my form straight and practiced. Another nod of approval is given yet the neutral face he wore never disappeared. 

I quickly let myself scan the room and suppressed a grin. Several All Might posters and some books detailing his life were elegantly placed through the room. 

" When I heard that you agreed to come to my agency I was surprised, especially after hearing that both Endeavor and Best Jeanest requested for your presence" He stated and I let my attention be drawn back to him.  While I might not like it, business talk like this was drilled into me since I was a child. I was undoubtedly in my element, but he doesn't know this. 

" Neither offer interested me, yours, on the other hand, piqued my interest" I replied politely. Slight shock and praise flashed through his eyes and I bit back a smirk. I know this type of person. I was raised to be this type of person. I know what to say, what to do, and how to play this game. 

" Yes, but a part of me can't help but question why" He replies calmly. 

" I am hoping on focusing on an ability that you have experience in. I am not looking for a mentor that will leave me with nothing to take after this. I am looking for a teacher that can get me started on creating a training regimen that can last me a few years if not more. That is why I chose you over others." I said and I dare say he looked impressed. A small smirk grew on his lips and he stood up. 

" There is a changing room across the hall, meet me here after you are dressed in your hero costume, I have heard from midnight that you have a new one" He stated and I immediately left. Something about him told me that I should listen to him, he just had that aura. 

I changed into my hero costume and left the room. My two guns clicked perfectly into place at my thigh. 

I entered the room for a second time and saw Sir Nighteye standing in front of his desk twirling a stamp in between his fingers with practiced ease. 

" I want a base level on your skill so for that I have a challenge. Your one job is to take this stamp from my hands." He states and gets into a fighting stance. 

By instinct, I enter my own.