#UM32

#UM32

I closed my eyes while listening to the music, marahan kong inubob ang pisngi sa mesa at nagbuga ng mabigat na paghinga.

I'm fucking stressed. I don't know where to put my stress out and relax, it was hard to relax, though.

I exhaled when my cell phone vibrated, I answered it calmly without looking.

"Hello, anak!" Tita Fili's sweet and cheerful voice was the first one I heard.

"Hi, Mama." I smiled. "Sorry if I didn't get to answer your calls for the past weeks. I was so busy with work."

"Ayos lang! So how is it to be a Legal Assistant, hmm?"

I gasped out.

"Really stressing but I'm enjoying it."

"Wow, that's good! At least you're enjoying your work, masasanay ka rin diyan kapag tumagal pa. I believe in your skills and patience!"

That made me smile again. "Thank you so much, Mama. I really appreciate the motivation you're giving me!"

"You're always welcome, you need it to be powerful!" she laughed. "Anyway, Grethalia asked a favor, nak."

"Ano po 'yon?"

"E, heto kasing si Grant. Alam mo naman na gustong-gusto ka, kung puwede ka raw bang dumalo sa birthday celebration niya. Nahihiya kasing mareject, e. Sa akin na diniretso."

I blinked. "Kailan po ba?"

"Fili, stop pushing your nephew to her-"

"Ugh, I'm not pushing it, Prudence! Stop accusing me, gusto ko lang makatipid! Presensya na lang ni Pallavi ang regalo ko, 'tsaka safe iyon! Grant is a good man with a great profession. It's not bad to date-"

Papa laughed. "See? That's not pushing and rooting, Fili! You should stop that!"

"You should stop sticking your nose here, Pallavi is the one who'll decide!"

Napailing ako habang natatawa sa pagtatalo nila.

"Okay, Mama. I'll be there, huwag na kayong magtalo." I chuckled.

I heard Papa's gasp. "Grant is a good man but you just knew him for months! Stop spoiling the Mama here!"

Mama groaned and I heard the hits she made, followed by Papa's laughter.

It's been long four years since I moved out of the Philippines, I moved in Canada and resumed school there to finish my last year in college as PolSci student and got my degree. After graduating, I worked as an office staff which was easy for me—that was my job for two years that I really enjoyed and eventually decided to get a training for Legal Assistant in the firm since Arki suggested me to, I finished it after long months and got a job as it is 'til now.

Hindi lang ako masanay-sanay kahit taon na rin iyon. Paano pa kaya kung nag-law talaga ako? Siguro, ang dami ko ng puting buhok ngayon kung sakali.

I could still remember how it happened possibly, Mommy got me covered from her family and gave everything I needed to Papa—like the papers I needed to leave the country and all, iyon lang ang pinili kong dinggin sa mga sinabi ni Papa bago umalis ng Pilipinas dahil ayaw ko talagang marinig ang tungkol sa mga gulong nagawa ko. I was afraid to hear that, thinking that I was about to live independently.

However, I couldn't believe that Mommy still covered me from her family after everything... I don't know, I just felt nothing even with her help that time. I never answered calls and emails from her, I did not feel like doing it. Maybe because of the grudges but still, I don't have a face and voice for her.