#UM14

#UM14

"I fired your driver this morning."

Napahinto ako sa pagkain at inangatan ng tingin si Mommy, bahagyang nagkibit balikat ako.

"He deserved it." I continued eating.

I didn't like what he did and I don't give chances to stupid, how dare he made me wait and ignore my messages? I needed him, I needed to go home!

Kumunot ang noo ni Gunther.

"You fired him? He told you that he had an emergency call."

Mommy sipped on her tea. "That's not an excuse, it's his only job."

"What?" singhap ni Gunther. "His son got into an accident, Mom! And that's an excuse, he was worried. It wasn't intentional to leave Pallavi there."

My head turned to them again, my forehead wrinkled. I don't see any regrets on Mom's face and Daddy was just listening while Gunther's annoyed with the topic.

I didn't know the reason, I just wanted to fire my driver but hearing this makes me feel guilty. My goodness, how could I be so heartless to fire him with that reason?

Kaso wala na, si Mommy ang nagtanggal sa kanya. I shrugged it off, I didn't interrupt their talk. Uminom ako ng tubig, medyo mabigat ang pakiramdam sa nalaman.

"I don't care, Gunther. It's a job to do, he's her only driver. Paano kung kapatid mo ang napahamak kagabi?"

"But she's safe."

"She took a taxi to go home and you know how dangerous it is." Mommy turned to me. "And why didn't you call me, instead?"

Kinabahan agad ako sa baling niya, humugot ako ng malalim na hininga. I didn't take a taxi to go home, I just told her that because I can't tell about Chancent. I'm sure she'll do something to know who brought me home.

"I know you're already resting that time, I don't wanna—"

"You can call me, Pallavi!" si Gunther, iritado sa aking rason.

"Alam kong nagpapahinga ka na, I don't really want to interrupt all of you here because I have a driver to take me home safely."

Just to save myself from their argument, I need to drag the driver's mistake again so he could be the one at fault. He's fired, anyway. Mommy decided that, not me.

Tumitig sa akin si Mommy, tipid ang tango kalaunan sa aking nabiling rason. I sighed in relief and continued eating my food.

Hindi na nakipagtalo si Gunther nang oras na iyon pero hindi na rin naituloy ang kanyang pananatili, nagpaalam siya sa amin upang makaalis na. I feel guilty for ruining his breakfast and day, I know it really annoyed him that I also wanted to fire my driver and I like Mommy's decision but it already happened.

Mommy doesn't really listen, she'll do everything she wants and her mind is set up to decide without thinking about the other excuses behind the mistake. Ganoon ko siyang nakilala at iyon din ang nakatala sa pag-iisip ko. I believe that the one and only chance is the first chance I'll be giving to someone. I don't really believe in second chances, one mistake is already a mistake that will discourage my idea about anyone and that's enough to give.

Iyon nga yata ang nakuha ko sa mga Miramontes. After all my bad idea about the family I'm in, I'm still one of them—sharing blood and same attitude.

Sunday was going well, I stayed at home talking to Chancent the whole day while I was so bored. Wala akong kasama sa bahay kundi ang mga kasambahay, wala namang day off ang mga Placido at parating nasa kani-kanilang trabaho.