Chapter 20

(I find it funny how I only planned for this book to be around 20 chapter or less and here I am at chapter 20 barely halfway through the book >:3)

Third Person POV

Charles, Eva, Lyn, Lydia and Ash had all left, going their seperate ways.
Patton hoped now that Charles and Lyn, even if they lived quite far, had a baby, they would visit more often.
But, he could only hope.

But now it was a few days later, Dean, Patton, Logan, the twins and Virgil had all gone out together to get school supplies for the kids. In just a couple days the children would be headed off to preschool.
Logan had been trying to teach the twins some common stuff, as in ABC's and numbers, which had been turning out about as good as you'd expect it to.
Patton was excited but also really sad because, well, he loved staying home and taking care of the kids.
Dean was very panicky and over protective of Virgil, well, more than usual.

"Remus, put it away! You do not need a knife for preschool! Or any school for that matter!" Logan screeched as he ran to grab the exacto-knife from Remus' grip, which was thankfully covered in plastic.

"I might!! What if someone tries to kill me! They'll chop off my head then cut open my tummy and scoop out all my guts and eat it like lasagna!" Remus protested.

Everyone got quiet, not quite sure how to respond to that. A few people who were walking by or looking at things on the shelves and had heard the conversation, turned to the group and gave them strange and slightly scared looks.

"Remus, I highly doubt anyone will do that to you, come now, I think we're done here." Logan said, clearing his throat as the group walked out of the crafts isle they were in.

"You'd think all the bleach he drinks would clean his brain out," Roman whispered to Virgil, who giggled in response.

An hour and a half later they were finished and in the two cars. Patton, Logan, Roman and Remus in one, Dean and Virgil in the other.

They decided, since it was rare they all had time to do something together, mainly Logan and Dean, that they would all hang out at the park together.

As soon as Logan and Dean parked their cars, Roman was out the door and running. Remus, seeing his brother running, immediately unbuckled himself and ran after him, trying to catch up.

"Roman!" Patton yelled, unbuckling and opening the door.

"Remus!" Logan yelled, as Remus followed his brother, and did the same.

Meanwhile, Dean, holding Virgil on his side, watched in slight confusion and amusement as the twins ran quickly towards the park, close beside each other, Remus just slightly behind him as Roman did have a head start, Patton and Logan jogging after them.

Oh to be young and full of energy again.

Suddenly, Roman seemed to trip over pure air and faceplanted on the concrete. Remus, of course, then tripped over Roman, somehow doing a full on somersault and landing on his back.

Virgil watched with wide eyes and quickly started squirming in Dean's arms.

"Daddy, down!" Virgil said clearly.

Dean, a bit shocked at what he had just seen, let Virgil down. The toddler began running towards his best, and only, friends.

"Ro? Re? You okay?" Virgil asked his friends, sitting beside them, very anxious and worried expression on his face and in his voice.

Recently, Virgil and Remus had gotten a bit closer to one another. Though Virgil was still a bit scared of Re, he realised Remus really wasn't that bad! Just a bit strange. But so was he. They were both strange in their own ways.

"I'm okay!" Remus replied, grinning widely, obviously unaffected by the tumble, which wasn't surprising.

It seemed that Remus was almost immune to pain, physically and emotionally, as far as anyone else was concerned.

Roman sat up, shaking his head, almost cartoonishly. There was a cut on his forehead that blood was slowly seeping out of. Now, usually, Roman would feel the pain and immediately start a huge crying scene, causing everyone from Texas to hear him, being the overdramatic toddler he was. But this time, he completely ignored the cut and jumped up, runing towards the park again.

Remus saw this as a challenge and went running after his brother as well.

"RO, YOU BWEEDING!!" Virgil screeched, unusually loud as he ran after his friends in a worried fit.

Meanwhile, Dean, Patton and Logan all looked between each other, slightly confused yet surprised at their children's behavior. They shrugged it off anyway.
Logan walked back to the car to get the first aid kit, this having not been the first accident they've had while out. They've now learned to carry first aid with them wherever they go.
Patton followed his husband, grabbing the snacks he prepared, knowing the kids would be hungry after playing on the park.
And Dean went to go pick one of the many picnic tables scattered around the area.

"STOP RUNNING, YOU GONNA HURT YOUSELF AGAIN!" Virgil yelled at the twins as they ran around the playground, avoiding Virgil and his protective/safe nature.

Soon Virgil was in a seemingly involuntary game of tag, where he was it.

And Roman, being extra clumsy that day, hurt himself. A LOT.
He accidentally fell off the playground multiple times. Once bashed his face off a pole. And for some reason, climbed to the very top of the playground yelling that he was going to grow wings and fly, then jumped off. Spoiler alert, he did not fly.
Surprisingly, through all that, he was fine. With only minor cuts and bruises littering his body.

Unfortunately, Remus, who was usually the one hurting himself and being clumsy, sometimes on purpose, saw his brother getting hurt more than him, as a challenge. .. He seems to think a lot of things his brother does is a challenge to him.

So, with that being said, Remus began "accidentally" hurting himself as well, and doing dumb stuff as "believing he can fly" and so on.

Virgil was, to say the least, worn out after an hour of trying to stop his friends from hurting themselves.

"Roman, Remus, Virgil, lunch!!" They heard Patton call.

The twins, hungry from being idiots, came rushing over happily.
Virgil walked over a little more slowly, and sat in his dad's lap tiredly. He honestly just wanted to take a nap after that, but he ate some food first.

Logan patched them up good and counted how many visible cuts each of them had, per request by Remus of course. Remus won by two extra cuts.

"Haha! Suck it!" He screeched in victory.

Roman just looked confused, but let his brother have the victory of whatever they were competing against.

The day was all in all successful.
The kids got to play and the adults got to socialize and catch up on life.
Afterwards all the kids had a nice long nap.

----------

I would like to know, how long would you like this book to be? Because at this rate I'm beginning to realise that if I keep up with what I'm doing/have planned rn, it's going to be around 40 or more chapters and I didn't want that many 😅 so would you like me to just continue and probably get to 40+ chapters or just skip out on filler/fluff chapters and just get straight(gay) to the point? Because then the book would be around 30 or (hopefully) less.
AND/OR would you like the chapters to be longer?? I generally aim for around 1,000 words but if I had longer chapters they would take longer to come out but also would be more in a chapter? Or icould make this book have a shit tone of chapters and less words. Idk whatever you guys want, pls let me know!
If you actually read this, thank you for your time!

Word Count: 1,358

Date Published: February 24th, 2020