Chapter 8

Third Person POV

The day started off as a struggle, the twins birthdays were coming up and Patton had to buy presents for them in secret somehow.

Logan was, as usual, at work. Also stressing over what to get his children and whether or not he should invite his parents to the party. He didn't know what children liked! As a child he enjoyed picture books and the occasional colouring book up to the age of 5 when he began reading normal chapter books. But Roman and Remus weren't like him when he was a child, they were normal and wanted toys, but what toys? They already had every toy in existence! Patton spoils them too much..
Logan's parents were very formal and serious, like him, but worse. They didn't really agree with him being gay as it was wrong and improper, a family should consist of a man who worked, a woman who cleaned and a child or two who obeyed.
Not at all what Logans family was like.

Patton's family was a much different story. Patton had grown up with two moms, having been adopted, along with his older brother, from a young enough age that he didn't remember or very much care who his real parents were. He was the baby of the family having two older sisters and a brother, though he was much closer with his brother growing up. His sisters ended up moving far away, one for marriage and the other for work, they rarely visited but they kept in touch. Eva, the one who worked, kept in touch a little more so then Lyn, but that was okay. His brother stayed around though and was now a couples therapist! He visited whenever he could, being very good with kids and enjoyed cartoons a little too much for his age. Patton's mom was a good grandmother but recently due to the passing of her wife, and Patton's other mom, she had been in a bit of a.. slump. But she planned to make an epic comeback with tons of toys for her grandsons.

Patton tried to get the kids to get dressed while trying to prepare for any possible outcome, but they refused to listen, caught up in their own fighting.

"ROMAN STOP GIVING REMUS A WEDGIE!"

"BUT HE'S WEARING MY SOCKS! HE'S GONNA GET THEM ALL STINKY!"

"REMUS, GIVE YOUR BROTHER BACK HIS SOCKS, YOU HAVE PLENTY OF YOUR OWN!"

"FINE! TAKE YOUR STUPID SOCKS!"

"THANK YOU! Now... Wait.. WHERE DID YOU PUT MY SHIRT YOU SLITHERY SERPENT?!"

"HEHEHEHE- OWWWW! DADDY! ROMAN HIT ME!"

"THAT WAS MY FAVORITE SHIRT YOU BIG MEANIE! WHERE'D YOU PUT IT?!"

"I'M NOT TELLING BECAUSE YOU HIT ME!"

"GIVE ME MY SHIRT!"

"NO!"

"OWWW! DADDY REMUS KICKED ME!"

Remus suddenly ran out of the room, hopping down the stairs, running straight past Patton who was about to go see what the hell they were doing. Roman soon followed, chasing after Remus who had his shirt in hand.

"GIVE IT BACK!"

"MAKE ME!"

Roman shoved Remus to the ground and took the opportunity to try to grab the shirt but Remus still held on tight. They wrestled over the shirt for a few second before Patton had shown up, taking the shirt easily away from both of them.

"Remus. Enough taking your brothers clothes. Roman. No hitting your brother. Finish getting dressed, both of you, and if I hear one more peep from either one of you I'll keep your birthday presents for myself. Understood?" Patton said, calmly and sternly, completely contradicting his usual persona.

The twins nodded quietly and followed Patton's orders, knowing that he was serious.

Patton sighed in relief after they went back upstairs, though the relief of silence was soon gone due to a knock at the door.