Chapter 23

"You.. what..?! You said no to me?!" He looked furious, and with a snap of his fingers, Buggs had shoved me to the ground and I couldn't breath.

I lost control again.

Third Person POV

Virgil fell to the ground with a thud. The kids around him didn't notice much and continued playing. Virgil's breathing began to pick up as he found he could no longer control it and curled up in a ball.

"Hah, what a baby-" George started taunting before someone cut him off.

"Hey! Leave him alone!"

Roman and Remus came running up quickly. Roman at Virgil's side, trying to comfort and calm him down, while Remus was blocking Buggs from getting anywhere close to Virgil again, their heads nearly butted together, glaring and growling at each other like wild animals.

"Hey, it's okay, Virgil, it's me, Roman."

Virgil looked up and immediately hugged Roman tightly, refusing to let go.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Roman asked, almost accusingly.

"N-no.. I o-okay.."

"Buggs, back off."
"Remus, back off."

Roman and George both said at the same time.

Remus and Buggs glared at each other a little longer before reluctantly backing off and going back to their friends.

Little does Buggs know that Remus can hold a grudge. He just made a great mistake and Remus will be his worst enemy. Nobody fucks with his friends. Nobody.

Remus sat beside Virgil, cross legged. He rubbed his hand on Virgil's back comfortingly, knowing that's what Patton did for him when he was really upset or even frustrated, it always seemed to calm him down.

"Alright children! Gather around the carpet, we're going to do our ABC's!" Mrs. Flemming called, coming back from wherever she was during all that, along with Mrs. Murphy.

Roman and Remus stick by Virgil's side for the rest of the day.

~Time skip brought to you by my coffee and the wifi unable to obtain the IP address~

"Mommy!"

"Uncle Lo!"

The kids all raced up to Logan who was waiting for them after school to pick them up. Roman and Remus jumped on Logan at the same time, causing the grown formal man to nearly topple over from the sudden impact and weight.

"My, my, when did you two get so heavy?" He joked.

"It was Remus! He's the heavier one!" Roman pointed.

"You calling me fat?!"

"Maybeee.."

"Offended Dukey noises!"

"Boy, please, settle down. Virgil, what about you, did you have fun today?" Logan asked.

Virgil, still being quite shy around Logan, just nodded with a smile simply. And Logan smiled back.

"Ah, are you the other father?" Mrs. Flemming asked.

"I am," Logan stated, adjusting his glasses.

"Ah, wonderful, I'm Mrs. Flemming, the main teacher here. I already met your husband and your husband's.. friend! I assume you're here to pick up the children?"

"You would be correct."

"Excellent! Well then, I won't keep you any longer, I just wanted to introduce myself! Your children are excellent and well behaved, no problems whatsoever! You're very fortunate to have been blessed with these little cuties!" She ranted, bending down and pinching Remus' cheek.

No sooner than she did, Remus had bit her hand, hard. She yelped and withdrew her hand, standing up quickly, holding it with her other unaffected hand.

"Remus!" Logan yelled, pulling his growling son back. "I am so sorry! Apologize, now!"

"But-"

"Now!"

"Sorry," Remus growled through gritted teeth.

"It's fine!" She assured with a smile, though the tears in her eyes would say otherwise.

"You should clean it and if it has fractured through the skin you should see a doctor right away," Logan advised.

"Oh, thank you. You're very smart," she sighed, "too bad your gay and taken. Why are the hot smart ones always gay or taken..?"

And with that she had walked away to go clean her hand as Logan had told her to.

"Uh, alright then," Logan cleared his throat and turned to Remus, "you best believe your father will hear about this when we get home."

"Hmph," Remus huffed, crossing his arms and glaring away, but didn't argue as he knew there was no point.

"Alright, everyone in the car!"

~Time skip brought to you by my laziness and being unable to talk to my girlfriend~

"Daddy!" Virgil squealed happily, running up to his father after Logan dropped him off.

"Hey Virge! I missed you!" Dean said, picking up and hugging his son, "say goodbye to uncle Lo and Remus and Roman!"

"Bye-bye!" Virgil called and waved, very happy and excited to see his dad again after the long and exciting day at preschool, ready to rant to him about everything that happened.

(Oh God- Brother by Kodaline just came on and I'm dying because it reminds me of Roman and Remus so fucking much HNGGGGG-)

The family waved back and Logan went to park in his driveway.

Dean and Virgil walked inside, almost immediately after Dean put him down, Virgil began ranting about everything that had happened on his first day.

Dean didn't fully understand Virgil's continuous stutter ramble, but he smiled and listened intently. Until...

Ring ring

Dean sighed as he looked at the caller ID on his phone and Virgil stopped talking. There was a dark look on Dean's face.

"Virge, go put your backpack upstairs please, daddy has something to deal with, I won't be long, k?" Dean said, not looking up from his phone.

Virgil nodded sadly and began walking upstairs. He dropped his backpack off by his bed and went back out to see if Dean wanted to talk yet. He stopped at the stairs as he began to hear yelling.

"YOU KNOW WHAT, NO, IM DONE WITH THIS SHIT, ROBERT!" There was a slight pause before he continued again, "NO, FUCK YOU, I DONT BELIEVE YOUR THREATS ANYMORE. THEY'RE ALL BULLSHIT, JUST LIKE YOU, YOU'RE JUST A BULLSHIT LIAR, SO KISS MY ASS YOU WONT COME ANYWHERE NEAR ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN!"

Virgil had begun to cry after hearing the yelling. Dean looked up to see his son crying at the top of the stairs and his angry expression became one of concern and guilt.

"Oh Virgil, come here.." he said, walking up to his son and scooping him up in his arms, "I'm sorry you had to hear that.. but it's okay. Daddy will keep you safe, I'll never let him hurt you again, okay?"

Virgil pulled back and put out his pinky. Dean smiled and wrapped his pinky around Virgil's.

"I promise."

----------

Woop!! Actually we getting kinda close to the end tbh. I have like two other ideas before we start the path down to the end of the story!! It's been a little less than a year since I started this.. it's kinda crazy to think about tbh!
Anyway yeah!

Word Count: 1,151

Date Published: April 9th, 2020