Finale

Dear Evan Hansen,

    Today is going to be a good day, and here's why, because today you're you, and that's enough.

I re-read the note that Jared wrote me for the 20th time, as I sit on a bench in the park waiting for him to make his appearance.

All we see is sky for forever

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up, eyes meeting with one of my best friends ever. He's dressed rather uncharacteristically, in a handsome dark gray suit and purple tie. "What're you doing here Connor? I thought you said prom was 'overrated'" I chuckle, and hear him laugh. Wow his hairs up and everything. I think with a small laugh. "It really is, but I'm not here for that. I'm here because Jared payed me to drive you somewhere." He held his arm out in front of him like a waiter and did a little bow. "Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to go." He pulls me up and starts pushing me to his car.

We let the world pass by for forever

We climb into his car and he looks at me. "Yeah?" I look back confused. "He better be good to you." I roll my eyes. "You act like, like we're getting married or something!" I laugh. He smiles softly looking back to the road and starting the car.

Feels like we could go on for forever, this way

We drive down the road and pull onto a nice street. I glance to my side mirror catching a glimpse of my uneven blue tie."Where are we Connor?" I ask starting to get antsy, chewing on my lip and twisting my tie around my fingers. "Hey it's alright, you don't have to worry!" Connor turns to smile at me. "We're almost there." He looks almost, sad?

This way

We stop in front of a small apartment complex, and he gets out of the car. "Connor-" my door opens up, a whole new Murphy holding it open for me. "Zoe?" She smiles brightly. She wearing a deep purple dress with a light green flower pined to it, and her hair is curled. "C'mon Ev stop staring and get out!" She pulls me out, causing me to fumble to get my seat belt off in time. She hugs me quickly and then twirls around. "Do you like my dress? It took sooooo long to make!" I giggle. "Yeah it's really beautiful." She smiles pulling me to the door. We're met with her twin and girlfriend on the other side. Alana is dressed in a long flowing light green dress with a purple flower pined to it. "Hi Evan." She smiles softly. "Hi! Will you finally tell me what's, what's going on?" I hug her quickly. She chuckles. "Nope! That's for us to know and you to find out!"

Conner wraps his arm around my shoulder and plops his hand over my eyes. "no peeking it's a surprise." He starts leading me somewhere with the girls following. He leads me up a few flights of stairs and then we stop suddenly. He whispers something to who I presume is Zoe and then I hear a click of a door. "Can you let go of my face now?" I joke.

He lets go "alright but look at the floor." He instructs. I look at my feet. Feeling the pinch of the too small shoes. I'm gonna have blisters tomorrow. He opens the door and pushes me out. "Look up!"

All we see is light

I look up seeing Jared awkwardly scratching his neck on a beautifully decorated balcony. That suit looks amazing on him. I blush. He's dressed up in a matching light gray suit with a dark red tie. The same like mine, but a different color tie. In his had is a red flower. "J-jare?" He smiles. "I know you don't like big parties," he walks up to me and pins the flower to my suit. "So I thought we'd have our own prom here."

Watch the sun burn bright

I pull him into a hug. "Fuck..." He giggles. "What's up acorn cat got your tongue?" I pull his collar up and smash my lips against his. He smiles kissing back instantly.

"Get a room!" Connor scoffs throwing something at us. We giggle and pull apart. "Do you like it?" He asks. I look around blushing hard. "I love it!" I kiss him again. Only for a moment this time though. I see Connor nod from the corner of my eye, and suddenly all the wall lights were off and replaced with fairy lights, and soft jazz was playing in the background. I pull Jared into another tight hug. "Thank you." I mumble into his shoulder.

We could be alright for forever

The night was spent drinking and dancing around like idiots. I had never had that much fun. Me and Jared were slow dancing to a soft song when it dawned on me. "aren't we, aren't we gonna get in trouble for doing this on a random building?" He laughs planting a kiss to my shoulder. "I live here now, I asked the landlord and she was cool with it as long as we clean up." He giggles. "Wait, you live here?" I pull away slightly to look at him. "heh yeah. That was supposed to be a surprise." He blushes and stops dancing. I stand there with my hands on his waist as he fishes around in his pocket. "I was... I was wondering if, you would, uh, like to move in with me?" He holds up a key. I know other people are here, I can hear Alana lecturing Connor about something, and Zoe laughing, but, in that moment all I care about is the man in front of me. "You don't have to I just thought it'd be-" I cut him off with a quick kiss. "i would absolutely love to live with you Jared." He smiles widely and slips the key into my coat pocket. "I love you." I state. He blushes making me laugh. "Yah yah treeboy." He kisses my cheek.

This way

We all sit on the floor together admiring the beautiful stars. "I love you guys." Connor whispers. Making Jared and Zoe push him, and me and Alana to answer in unison. "We love you too." That makes us all burst into a fit of laughter. "This has been a great night." Zoe wheezes out. "it really really has. Alana agrees squeezing her side softly.

All we see is sky for forever.

"I thought you'd like this way more than a crowded gym with a bunch of people you don't know." Jared giggles. I kiss the top of his head. "It's so beautiful out." Zoe smiles up at the sky. "All I see is sky, for forever."

The end.