CHAPTER 3

He left me there for hours, uncomfortable and anxious. I was exhausted, but couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. When he came back, he pulled my hair and forced me to look up at him.

"Are you ready to tell me now."

I shook my head.

"Never."

My voice was hoarse and cracked, I coughed a bit.

"Water."

He scoffed.

"You're making requests?"

"Water."

"Give me the location and I'll give you water."

I shook my head and felt the pain course through my body again. Suddenly, a stormtrooper rushed into the room.

"Sir! There's intruders in the loading dock."

Kylo took one last look at me, then stormed out of the room.

'Intruders? Are they here to save me?'

I waited there patiently, my throat still burning. I heard someone cough behind me.

"Who's there?"

"Shut up."

Came the voice of a stormtrooper. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, there was only one thing on my mind. I waited for my heart rate to slow. Once I felt the calm wash over my body, I opened my eyes.

"You will get me cold water."

I held my breath, waiting for an answer.

"I will get you water."

I exhaled and heard the door open. The logical thing to do would be to get him to let me go, but I had no where to go, I had no idea where to go. I would just end up exactly where I was now or in an even worse position. The stormtrooper came back with a cup of cold water and held it out towards me.

"You will loosen my restraints."

"I will loosen your restraints."

The restraints popped open and I took the cup from him, drinking like I had been wandering in a desert for 40 days.

"Who are the intruders?"

"False alarm, Ren is going to be upset."

He suddenly shifted his stance.

"Wait. What am I doing?"

He looked down at the restraints and tightened them. He grabbed the now empty cup from me, crumpled it up, and threw it to the ground. He pointed his index finger straight at me.

"Don't try that again, or I'll have you reported."

Moments after he returned to his post at the door, Kylo came stomping into the room. I could feel how angry he was. I heard the stormtrooper start to gag, then clatter to the floor. Kylo Ren appeared in front of me.

"What's got you so heated?"

I asked, a bit smug at the fact that his time had been wasted. He gripped my throat tightly, painfully tight.

"Shut your mouth unless the location of the Resistance is coming out of it."

He leaned close to my face.

"Got it?"

His grip tightened and I gasped for air.

"Y-yes sir."

He released me and I felt the relief of air in my lungs. He looked down at the ground and noticed the cup.

"What is that?"

He used the force to bring it up to his hand.

"Who gave you water?"

I nodded my head towards the door.

"How..."

He looked from me to the cup, then back to me. He placed his hand directly on my forehead, then quickly pulled it again. He hastily pulled off one of his gloves and placed his bare hand on my forehead. I winced at the coldness of his hand.

"You're strong with the force... aren't you?"

I glared at him. He calmly waved his hand and the restraints loosned.

"Come with me."